Re: Problems with the source.

  • e9725082
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2003
      --- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, Adam Flinton <adam@s...> wrote:
      > Just done a cvs download from sourceforge.
      >
      > Some problems:
      >
      > org.xmlmiddleware.db:
      >
      > CPConnection implements Connection :
      >
      > Doesn't implement Connection fully. There are a whole load of
      abstract
      > methods left out.
      >
      > SPPreparedStatement implements PreparedStatement, Statement:
      >
      > Doesn't implement all of PreparedStatement, Statement.
      The methods are commented out to compile it with jdk 1.2. For jdk 1.3
      and 1.4 you will have to uncomment the methods (see in the classes)
      in SPPreparedStatement the comment start at line 435 and for
      CPConnection at line 373
      see the line were it is written "// Comment these methods to compile
      with JDBC 2.0"

      > MySQLHandler:
      > I have the newer jar for MySQl & it doesn't seem to have:
      > org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement
      > Best to use an old jar or does this class need updating (or even a
      near copy called "New_MySQL" ?

      The MySQL driver (since version 3.0) has changed its package name!
      (also its license its now GPL).
      The new package name is com.mysql.jdbc - all classes expect the
      org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver class have been moved to the new package.
    • Adam Flinton
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2003
        e9725082 wrote:

        >--- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, Adam Flinton <adam@s...> wrote:
        >

        >>Just done a cvs download from sourceforge.
        >>
        >>Some problems:
        >>
        >>org.xmlmiddleware.db:
        >>
        >>CPConnection implements Connection :
        >>
        >>Doesn't implement Connection fully. There are a whole load of
        >>

        >abstract
        >

        >>methods left out.
        >>
        >>SPPreparedStatement implements PreparedStatement, Statement:
        >>
        >>Doesn't implement all of PreparedStatement, Statement.
        >>

        >The methods are commented out to compile it with jdk 1.2. For jdk 1.3
        >and 1.4 you will have to uncomment the methods (see in the classes)
        >in SPPreparedStatement the comment start at line 435 and for
        >CPConnection at line 373
        >see the line were it is written "// Comment these methods to compile
        >with JDBC 2.0"

        Thanks. Done

        >>MySQLHandler:
        >>I have the newer jar for MySQl & it doesn't seem to have:
        >>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement
        >>Best to use an old jar or does this class need updating (or even a
        >>

        >near copy called "New_MySQL" ?
        >
        >The MySQL driver (since version 3.0) has changed its package name!
        >(also its license its now GPL).
        >The new package name is com.mysql.jdbc - all classes expect the
        >org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver class have been moved to the new package.

        OK. Should this be changed in the version in CVS?

        Also despite having all the PGSQL jars I can find in my classpath I
        still get: "org.postgresql.Statement cannot be resolved or is not a
        type" in the PostgresHandler

        Any ideas wrt:

        MSAccessDBMetaData not implementing all of DatabaseMetaData &
        MSAccessConnection not implementing all of Connection? Is this another
        JDBC 2 thing much like CPConnection etc?

        If so is anyone planning on doing a similar thing (i.e. commented out
        methods)?

        Adam
      • Adam Flinton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2003
          Re the PGSQL problem, has the class in the driver jars been changed from
          org.postgresql.Statement to org.postgresql.PGStatement?

          Adam
        • rpbourret@rpbourret.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2003
            First, to all those with unanswered questions, I'll try to get to you next
            week. I was out of town all last week and have been gone most of this week.

            See answers below.

            > e9725082 wrote:
            > >>MySQLHandler:
            > >>I have the newer jar for MySQl & it doesn't seem to have:
            > >>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement
            > >>Best to use an old jar or does this class need updating (or even a
            > >near copy called "New_MySQL" ?
            > >
            > >The MySQL driver (since version 3.0) has changed its package name!
            > >(also its license its now GPL).
            > >The new package name is com.mysql.jdbc - all classes expect the
            > >org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver class have been moved to the new package.
            > >
            > OK. Should this be changed in the version in CVS?

            Probably. I'll look into this a bit later.

            > Also despite having all the PGSQL jars I can find in my classpath I
            > still get: "org.postgresql.Statement cannot be resolved or is not a
            > type" in the PostgresHandler

            I don't have PostgreSQL or PostgreSQL drivers on my machine, so I'll have to do
            some poking around to find the problem. (Anybody

            > Any ideas wrt:
            >
            > MSAccessDBMetaData not implementing all of DatabaseMetaData &
            > MSAccessConnection not implementing all of Connection? Is this another
            > JDBC 2 thing much like CPConnection etc?
            >
            > If so is anyone planning on doing a similar thing (i.e. commented out
            > methods)?

            It is a similar thing. I don't have the code in front of me right now, so I
            can't remember if the methods are present and commented out or need to be
            added. If they need to be added, that's a simple enough thing to do -- just add
            the necessary methods and have them call the corresponding methods in the
            underlying driver. (If the underlying driver doesn't support these methods,
            then just do nothing / return null / etc., as the methods are never called.)

            Note also that you need the Access driver only if (1) you are using MS Access
            and (2) you are generating a map / DTD from a database schema. For this reason,
            it should be compiled into a separate .jar.

            Also, as I've said before, you should be careful if you are using the CVS
            version of the code. It is only lightly tested and will have some significant
            changes before the next release.

            --
            Ron