Problems with the source.

  • Adam Flinton
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2003
      Just done a cvs download from sourceforge.

      Some problems:

      org.xmlmiddleware.db:

      CPConnection implements Connection :

      Doesn't implement Connection fully. There are a whole load of abstract
      methods left out.

      SPPreparedStatement implements PreparedStatement, Statement:

      Doesn't implement all of PreparedStatement, Statement.

      org.xmlmiddleware.db.jdbc

      MSAccessConnection implements Connection :

      Doesn't implement all the abstract Connection methods.

      MSAccessDBMetaData implements DatabaseMetaData :

      Doesn't implement all the abstract DatabaseMetaData methods.

      org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.datahandlers.external

      MySQLHandler:

      I have the newer jar for MySQl & it doesn't seem to have:

      org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement

      Best to use an old jar or does this class need updating (or even a near
      copy called "New_MySQL" ?

      PostgresHandler

      I have all the PostGreSQL Driver but in them there is no:

      org.postgresql.Statement

      Any ideas? Should I redo some of it of are there other answers?

      Adam
    • e9725082
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2003
        --- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, Adam Flinton <adam@s...> wrote:
        > Just done a cvs download from sourceforge.
        >
        > Some problems:
        >
        > org.xmlmiddleware.db:
        >
        > CPConnection implements Connection :
        >
        > Doesn't implement Connection fully. There are a whole load of
        abstract
        > methods left out.
        >
        > SPPreparedStatement implements PreparedStatement, Statement:
        >
        > Doesn't implement all of PreparedStatement, Statement.
        The methods are commented out to compile it with jdk 1.2. For jdk 1.3
        and 1.4 you will have to uncomment the methods (see in the classes)
        in SPPreparedStatement the comment start at line 435 and for
        CPConnection at line 373
        see the line were it is written "// Comment these methods to compile
        with JDBC 2.0"

        > MySQLHandler:
        > I have the newer jar for MySQl & it doesn't seem to have:
        > org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement
        > Best to use an old jar or does this class need updating (or even a
        near copy called "New_MySQL" ?

        The MySQL driver (since version 3.0) has changed its package name!
        (also its license its now GPL).
        The new package name is com.mysql.jdbc - all classes expect the
        org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver class have been moved to the new package.
      • Adam Flinton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2003
          e9725082 wrote:

          >--- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, Adam Flinton <adam@s...> wrote:
          >

          >>Just done a cvs download from sourceforge.
          >>
          >>Some problems:
          >>
          >>org.xmlmiddleware.db:
          >>
          >>CPConnection implements Connection :
          >>
          >>Doesn't implement Connection fully. There are a whole load of
          >>

          >abstract
          >

          >>methods left out.
          >>
          >>SPPreparedStatement implements PreparedStatement, Statement:
          >>
          >>Doesn't implement all of PreparedStatement, Statement.
          >>

          >The methods are commented out to compile it with jdk 1.2. For jdk 1.3
          >and 1.4 you will have to uncomment the methods (see in the classes)
          >in SPPreparedStatement the comment start at line 435 and for
          >CPConnection at line 373
          >see the line were it is written "// Comment these methods to compile
          >with JDBC 2.0"

          Thanks. Done

          >>MySQLHandler:
          >>I have the newer jar for MySQl & it doesn't seem to have:
          >>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement
          >>Best to use an old jar or does this class need updating (or even a
          >>

          >near copy called "New_MySQL" ?
          >
          >The MySQL driver (since version 3.0) has changed its package name!
          >(also its license its now GPL).
          >The new package name is com.mysql.jdbc - all classes expect the
          >org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver class have been moved to the new package.

          OK. Should this be changed in the version in CVS?

          Also despite having all the PGSQL jars I can find in my classpath I
          still get: "org.postgresql.Statement cannot be resolved or is not a
          type" in the PostgresHandler

          Any ideas wrt:

          MSAccessDBMetaData not implementing all of DatabaseMetaData &
          MSAccessConnection not implementing all of Connection? Is this another
          JDBC 2 thing much like CPConnection etc?

          If so is anyone planning on doing a similar thing (i.e. commented out
          methods)?

          Adam
        • Adam Flinton
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2003
            Re the PGSQL problem, has the class in the driver jars been changed from
            org.postgresql.Statement to org.postgresql.PGStatement?

            Adam
          • rpbourret@rpbourret.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2003
              First, to all those with unanswered questions, I'll try to get to you next
              week. I was out of town all last week and have been gone most of this week.

              See answers below.

              > e9725082 wrote:
              > >>MySQLHandler:
              > >>I have the newer jar for MySQl & it doesn't seem to have:
              > >>org.gjt.mm.mysql.Statement
              > >>Best to use an old jar or does this class need updating (or even a
              > >near copy called "New_MySQL" ?
              > >
              > >The MySQL driver (since version 3.0) has changed its package name!
              > >(also its license its now GPL).
              > >The new package name is com.mysql.jdbc - all classes expect the
              > >org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver class have been moved to the new package.
              > >
              > OK. Should this be changed in the version in CVS?

              Probably. I'll look into this a bit later.

              > Also despite having all the PGSQL jars I can find in my classpath I
              > still get: "org.postgresql.Statement cannot be resolved or is not a
              > type" in the PostgresHandler

              I don't have PostgreSQL or PostgreSQL drivers on my machine, so I'll have to do
              some poking around to find the problem. (Anybody

              > Any ideas wrt:
              >
              > MSAccessDBMetaData not implementing all of DatabaseMetaData &
              > MSAccessConnection not implementing all of Connection? Is this another
              > JDBC 2 thing much like CPConnection etc?
              >
              > If so is anyone planning on doing a similar thing (i.e. commented out
              > methods)?

              It is a similar thing. I don't have the code in front of me right now, so I
              can't remember if the methods are present and commented out or need to be
              added. If they need to be added, that's a simple enough thing to do -- just add
              the necessary methods and have them call the corresponding methods in the
              underlying driver. (If the underlying driver doesn't support these methods,
              then just do nothing / return null / etc., as the methods are never called.)

              Note also that you need the Access driver only if (1) you are using MS Access
              and (2) you are generating a map / DTD from a database schema. For this reason,
              it should be compiled into a separate .jar.

              Also, as I've said before, you should be careful if you are using the CVS
              version of the code. It is only lightly tested and will have some significant
              changes before the next release.

              --
              Ron