[xml-dbms] call batch file from servlet

  • pupus pupusmeneh
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 4, 2003
      answer asap pls..

      i made a site that facilitated with transfer xml dokumen to database.
      only special account can use it, that is admin an lecturer.

      then i want to call my Transfer.bat class from servlet.

      doesn't anybody could help me to do this?

      or maybe someone can tell me how to make a class (that is transfer .class) for being called by the servlet?

      thanks for the attention

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 16, 2003
        Sorry I have taken so long to answer. I've had deadlines on two
        different projects. (If any of you have outstanding questions, please
        note that I'll be answering them in order of easiest to hardest, rather
        than chronologically. That allows me to clear out my mailbox and get the
        most answers to the most people. Sorry about the inconvenience.)

        There is a Transfer class:

        org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.Transfer

        You can call this from the command line (such as with a .bat file) or
        programmatically. The main difference between using the command line and
        the programmatic interface is that with the command line, you pass in
        the names of properties files. With the API, your application -- in this
        case, the servlet -- reads the properties files and constructs
        Properties objects, which you then pass to the API. For more
        information, see the JavaDocs for Transfer.

        -- Ron