Re: [xml-dbms] Result Set problem

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2003
      Hmmmm. The list does not accept attachments, so your map file was
      deleted. Could you please post it in the body of a message or send it to
      me privately? Thanks.

      In answer to your question about related classes, you do not need to use
      related classes for tables in your SELECT statement. You only use
      related classes for table whose data you want nested inside the data for
      another table. For example, to get the following:

      <A>
      <A1>...</A1>
      <A2>...</A2>
      <B>
      <B1>...</B1>
      <B2>...</B2>
      </B>
      </A>

      you would map both A and B using class maps. You would also list B as a
      related class of A. That is, inside the ClassMap element for A, there
      would be a RelatedClass element for B. However, this does not appear to
      apply to you.

      -- Ron

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2003
        The sales_rs2.map in the samples directory shows how to write a map for
        a SELECT statement that joins data from two tables. Is there a reason
        you can't generalize this to n tables?

        Also, can you explain why you are creating a result set over multiple
        tables instead of nesting the results of tables inside the results of
        other tables? Is the relationship between all the tables 1-to-1? (If the
        relationship between any of the tables is 1-to-many, returning all the
        data in a single result set means you will have duplicate data in your
        XML document.)

        -- Ron