Re: [xml-dbms] regarding DTD parser

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2003
      See the XML-DBMS product.

      http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms/index.htm

      This product transfers data between XML documents and databases. One
      part of the product takes a DTD and maps this to the database. That is,
      it creates a set of CREATE TABLE statements and a mapping from the
      element types and attributes in the DTD to columns and tables in the
      database. Although both versions 1.01 (stable) and 2.0 (in alpha
      release) support this feature, I suggest you use version 2.0, as it is
      much easier to use.

      The article on XML.com that you have already read on mapping DTDs to
      databases explains the theory behind this mapping:

      http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/05/09/dtdtodbs.html

      -- Ron

    • justmailharsh <justmailharsh@yahoo.co.in>
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2003
        We could not find the set of CREATE TABLE statements in the dtd parser.The closest we came towards this ,was the conversion of dtd to different classes through CLASS GENERATOR.So,plz tell us the path to that section of the parser wherein we can get the CREATE TABLE statements.we downloaded the parser named DTD PARSER from ur homepage.Our deadline for the submission of the project is approaching fast.Kindly bail us out of this dilemma.

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2003
          We did not get the set of CREATE TABLE statements anywhere in the parser,although,we got the conversion of a dtd to a set of classses through CLASS GENERATOR.We downloaded the parser titled DTD PARSER from rpbourret.com.So,please tell us the path to that section of the parser wherein,we can get the CREATE TABLE statements.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 21, 2003
            The DTD parser does not create any CREATE TABLE statements. You need to
            download XML-DBMS version 2.0 from the following Web site:

            http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms/index.htm

            After you have downloaded XML-DBMS, you need to use the
            org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.MapManager tool. See sections 2, 3.1,
            and 3.3 of the downloaded readme.htm document for information about
            configuring XML-DBMS and using MapManager.

            -- Ron