Re: [xml-dbms] mapping elements at different levels to the same table

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Lawrence Feldman wrote:

      > Is there any way in the following example that I can map PartNumber,
      >ItemName, and Price to be columns in a Parts table? The fact that ItemName
      >is a sub-element of Description seems to complicate matters.
      >
      >- <Part PartNumber="123">
      >- <Description>
      > < ItemName>Turkey wrench</ItemName>
      >- </Description>
      > <Price>9.95</Price>
      > </Part>

      The only solution to this right now is to eliminate the Description element
      -- for example, by using XSLT. I looked at solving this problem in the past
      with an option called PassThrough, but did not implement it due to severe
      technical problems. (If you're curious about those problems, see the file
      PassThrough.txt in the directory you installed XML-DBMS in.) Furthermore, I
      do not intend to implement it in 2.0, so don't hold your breath.

      http://profiles.msn.com