Using v1.01 GenerateMap to transfer DTD into .map

  • qfhe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2002
      I got the following exception:

      de.tudarmstadt.ito.xmldbms.InvalidMapException: More than one
      property is mapped to the table recipient-description

      I modified the GenerateMap source file and recompiled it under J2SE
      1.4.1 and Oracle SAXParser v2. There are several warning messages:

      GenerateMap.java:14: warning: org.xml.sax.Parser in org.xml.sax has
      been deprecated
      import org.xml.sax.Parser;
      ^
      GenerateMap.java:240: warning: org.xml.sax.Parser in org.xml.sax has
      been deprecated
      static Parser getSAXParser()
      ^
      GenerateMap.java:248: warning: setValidationMode(boolean) in
      oracle.xml.parser.v2.XMLParser has been deprecated
      parser.setValidationMode(true);
      ^
      3 warnings

      Your help is appreciated.
    • qfhe
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 19, 2002
        Actually I got this error for the following part in my DTD:

        <!-- *********** RECIPIENT ************ -->
        <!ELEMENT RECIPIENT (EXTENSION*,
        (ours
        | same
        | other-recipient
        | delivery
        | public
        | unrelated)+,
        EXTENSION*)>
        <!ELEMENT ours (recipient-description*)>
        <!ELEMENT same (recipient-description*)>
        <!ATTLIST same %pur_att;>
        <!ELEMENT other-recipient (recipient-description*)>
        <!ATTLIST other-recipient %pur_att;>
        <!ELEMENT delivery (recipient-description*)>
        <!ATTLIST delivery %pur_att;>
        <!ELEMENT public (recipient-description*)>
        <!ATTLIST public %pur_att;>
        <!ELEMENT unrelated (recipient-description*)>
        <!ATTLIST unrelated %pur_att;>
        <!ELEMENT recipient-description (#PCDATA)>

        Can xml-dbms 1.01 process this DTD?

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2002
          You do not need to worry about these warnings. Although the methods have
          been deprecated, they are still available. Version 2.0 uses the new
          version of SAX and does not have these warnings.

          -- Ron

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2002
            The problem is caused by the fact that the recipient-description element
            is used in more than one parent element, and it occurs multiple times (*
            operator) in each parent. For a complete explanation of the problem and
            a partial workaround, see: