DB->XML; XML->DB approaches

  • Harald Kalleitner
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2000
      I have played with the XML-DBMS package and it worked fine. Good work
      !! I�m going to write my final academic work about DB-XML
      integration
      and looking for more theoretical stuff. I intend to use the package
      for the practical part of my final work

      There are several ways to map a DB scheme to a XML-structure and vice
      versa. For example which attributes should one map as elements, which
      one as attributes? Especially by a more complex DB structure there
      are
      more possibilities (e.g. n-m relationships,inheritance, ..) to build
      the XML structure.
      One of my target is to evaluate different approaches.
      I also like to compare the possibilities given with a DTD and in
      comparison XML-schema. XML-schema supports inheritance, so it has
      probably a major impact in that context?!

      Would you tell me about any source you know?

      Thank you

      Harald Kalleitner