DBMSToDOM does not work with Any DATABASE Server !!

  • ealawy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 17, 2002
      Dear Sir,

      I am trying to experiment some 3-tier application development
      using JAVA , and I used the XMLDBMS package.

      Unfortunately, the DBMSToXML does not work in either the
      Transfer.java sample or the TransferResultSet.Java sample.

      I had the following error messages:

      in case of executing TransferResultSet
      ( -t Parts sales.map sales4.xml ) I had error :
      Connection is busy with results for another hstmt

      and in case of executing Transfer
      ( -toxml sales.map sales6.xml Sales 123 ) I had this error :
      java.sql.SQLException: Maximum number of active statements exceeded.

      In addition, I am using the MS SQL-SERVER 7,and a JDBCODBC driver
      (JDBC V 2.0).

      Is there any solution.
      Best regards.

      Alawy
    • rpbourret@rpbourret.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2002
        Sorry I have not answered sooner. I have been traveling and have not been on
        email.

        This is a known bug when using Microsoft SQL Server. There are two workarounds
        to this problem for v1.01. It is not yet fixed in v2.0.

        1) Find a JDBC driver that allows more than one result set per connection. (The
        combination of Sun's JDBC-ODBC driver and the MS ODBC driver for SQL Server
        only allow one result set per connection.) For example, it appears that the
        JSQLConnect (http://www.j-netdirect.com/) and Avenir (http://www.avenir.net/)
        drivers might do this:

        Be sure to check the driver's specs before buying :)

        2) Use the code fix in message 1952. Note that this can use a lot of memory. It
        will not be a problem when retrieving small XML documents.