How to setup the environment and run samples of XML-DBMS, Version1.01

  • mini2502002
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2002
      I am confused at how to setup the environment and run the samples.
      I installed jdk1.3.1 and xml-dbms1.01, also I installed Xerces and
      Xalan and I can use MS Access in my computer. I've already set up the
      classpath. Now what else do I need to to run the samples?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2002
        1) Create the necessary tables in your database (see appendix A of the
        readme.htm file).

        2) Make sure you have a JDBC driver for Access (most people use Sun's
        JDBC-ODBC Bridge and an ODBC driver for Access).

        3) Modify the samples to use your XML parser, data source, etc. (see
        section 7.0 of the readme.htm file).

        4) Since you are using JDK 1.3.1, modify the XML-DBMS code according to
        the comments in: