Where does DataHandlerBase closing its connection ?

  • aditya_s_a
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2002
      Hi All,

      I'm using xmldbms2 alpha2.
      When does DataHandlerBase closing its connection?
      I've just realized that my connection pool is exhausted eventually.
      It seemed that tt does not give them back to the
      pool. The initialize() method of DataHandlerBase, the
      superclass of GenericHandler, retrieves a connection
      from the pool, but i can't find where it gives it
      back, so i am assuming that it doesn't.

      Could someone give me a clue?
    • rpbourret@rpbourret.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2002
        I'll have to check the code when I get back, but this looks like a (serious)
        bug. I suspect it should close the connection in a finalize() method.

        -- Ron

        > I'm using xmldbms2 alpha2.
        > When does DataHandlerBase closing its connection?
        > I've just realized that my connection pool is exhausted eventually.
        > It seemed that tt does not give them back to the
        > pool. The initialize() method of DataHandlerBase, the
        > superclass of GenericHandler, retrieves a connection
        > from the pool, but i can't find where it gives it
        > back, so i am assuming that it doesn't.
        >
        > Could someone give me a
        clue?