Re: [xml-dbms] XMLMiddleware.net

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
      adam flinton wrote:

      > BTW d'you want to put a link to the xmlmiddleware.net sight so people can
      > come there for GUI & ease of use stuff?

      I've added a link from the XML-DBMS home page under "Additional
      Information". Let me know when you have the CVS tree up and I'll add a
      link in the downloads section as well.

      For those of you wondering what this is about, Adam has been developing
      a general XML-based processing framework for more than a year now. It
      uses XML-DBMS for database access and a variety of other technologies
      (XSLT, JNDI, JMS, etc.) as well. This is currently available as XML-DBMS
      version 1.1.

      At my request, Adam agreed to spin this work off into a separate
      initiative, XMLMiddleware.net. There were two main reasons for this:

      1) It was growing faster than I could possibly keep up with.

      2) It was moving away from the database focus of XML-DBMS, which is my
      main area of interest.

      We will continue to keep close ties between the two products.
      XMLMiddleware.net serves as a nice laboratory and test bed for XML-DBMS
      and I am merging a number of the ideas from it back into version 2.0.
      Both products will continue to use the same mailing list (this one).

      You can find the home page for XMLMiddleware.net at:

      http://www.xmlmiddleware.net/