Has anyone written a simple GUI for XML-DBMS?

  • adam flinton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2000
      Dear All,

      I have been reading over the XML-DBMS doc's & what seems to be clear(ish) is
      that a simple GUI which would allow you to choose the DBMS, & the tables etc
      & could then produce the map file etc would help take-up of the classes. Has
      anyone got anything like this underway?

      As an example, I would like to be able to use XML-DBMS as the basis for some
      stored proceedures / server side java which could produce XML docs of SQL
      Data in an "open" (i.e. non DBMS specific) way. I would like this to be easy
      for people to get to grips with & which could then produce the relevant code
      which could then be compiled & loaded.

      Are there any plans for something like this (along the lines of the DB2XML
      package)?

      TIA

      Adam