XML-DBMS Error

  • payal_dutt2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2001
      Hi,
      Am a student doing my M.S and was using the tool XML-DBMS.I
      executed ther GenerateMap.java and it worked fine.When
      executing the Transfer.java i got the following error though i had a
      ODBC data source named "xmldbms":
      java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
      Invalid
      transaction state
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDisconnect(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.disconnect(Unknown Source)
      at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.close(Unknown Source)
      at Transfer.toDBMS(Transfer.java:190)
      at Transfer.main(Transfer.java:135)

      The line where the error is showing is:

      url=jdbc:odbc:xmldbms

      and another place where this URL was used.
      So can any of you please help me.Am using MS Access for the Database.
      ANd also another question.How do i make this product accessible over
      the
      web.Is it a cumbersome procedure.Please help.I'd be highly
      appreciative of any help.
      Thanks and Regards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        You need to modify Transfer to commit the connection before closing it.
        (This is a bug in Transfer.) For more information, see:

        payal_dutt2001 wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Am a student doing my M.S and was using the tool XML-DBMS.I
        > executed ther GenerateMap.java and it worked fine.When
        > executing the Transfer.java i got the following error though i had a
        > ODBC data source named "xmldbms":
        > java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
        > Invalid
        > transaction state
        > at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
        > at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
        > at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDisconnect(Unknown Source)
        > at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.disconnect(Unknown Source)
        > at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.close(Unknown Source)
        > at Transfer.toDBMS(Transfer.java:190)
        > at Transfer.main(Transfer.java:135)
        >
        > The line where the error is showing is:
        >
        > url=jdbc:odbc:xmldbms
        >
        > and another place where this URL was used.
        > So can any of you please help me.Am using MS Access for the Database.
        > ANd also another question.How do i make this product accessible over
        > the
        > web.Is it a cumbersome procedure.Please help.I'd be highly
        > appreciative of any help.
        > Thanks and Regards

        > Or join the newsgroup at: news://news.barkto.com/homeless.xml.xml-dbms

        Programming, Writing, and Research