Re: [xml-dbms] C++ alternative

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
      KRUMPOLEC Martin wrote:

      > I seems I will have to "port" xmldbms to C++ :-)

      If you do this, you may want to wait until 2.0 is available. It fixes a
      lot of problems from 1.0 and adds a number of new features.

      > btw, iCONNECTOR from infoteria looks useable too ...

      I though it used a table-based mapping. However, I could be wrong.

      > It seems I'll take a look at ADO first and maybe consider
      > minimalistic xml dbms port if time allows ...

      Assuming the C++ version of ADO is comparable to the VB version, it's
      pretty nice. The features are somewhat different from XML-DBMS, but the
      overall functionality is similar.

      Of course, a C++ port of XML-DBMS would be nice...

      -- Ron
    • KRUMPOLEC Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 12, 2001
        > Assuming the C++ version of ADO is comparable to the VB version,
        > it's pretty nice. The features are somewhat different from
        > XML-DBMS, but the overall functionality is similar.

        I think ADO covers only small subset of XML-DBMS because
        it can obly persist recordset to/from XML with fixed schema
        so I'll have to transform (XSLT) in/out documents ...

        Plus I have to supply query statements when DB -> XML
        because I can't supply own model to infer them from ...

        Btw, ADO.NET looks much much better, but .NET framework
        is still not final (only first RC right now) ...

        So it seems I have to stick with XML-DBMS 1 subset
        (ported to C++) for now ...

        Thank you

        Martin

        --