DBMSToXML$Order Class not found Error in Transfer examples -toXML function

  • nadeem
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      Hi Adam and Ron
      Thanks for your help.
      I am going worry about learning creation of maps later. I am going to
      study your previous postings a little bit more.
      In the mena time I am trying to get the toXML function of Transfer to
      work and am having the following problem:

      When I use toXML and specify customer or sales table throws this
      exception
      (I have not tried other tables)
      Also it gives a message saying DBMSToXML$Order class not found - Of
      course its there in the xmldbms.jar file as well as in the xmldbms
      folder

      RootTableMap getRootTableMap(String rootTable) throws
      InvalidMapException
      {
      RootTableMap rootTableMap;

      rootTableMap = (RootTableMap)rootTableMaps.get(rootTable);
      if (rootTableMap.tableMap.elementType == null)
      throw new InvalidMapException("Table not mapped as a root
      table: " + rootTable);
      return rootTableMap;
      }

      main (01:19:25): java.lang.NullPointerException
      main (01:19:25): at de.tudarmstadt.ito.xmldbms.Map.getRootTableMap
      (Map.java:428)
      main (01:19:25): at
      de.tudarmstadt.ito.xmldbms.DBMSToDOM.retrieveTableData
      (DBMSToDOM.java:360)
      main (01:19:25): at
      de.tudarmstadt.ito.xmldbms.DBMSToDOM.retrieveDocument
      (DBMSToDOM.java:271)
      main (01:19:25): at Transfer.toXML(Transfer.java:86)
      main (01:19:25): at JIF_tableMaintenance.JBXml_actionPerformed
      (JIF_tableMaintenance.java:535)
      main (01:19:25): at JIF_tableMaintenance$SymAction.actionPerformed
      (JIF_tableMaintenance.java:311)
      main (01:19:26): at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed
      (AbstractButton.java:1450)
      main (01:19:26): at
      javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed
      (AbstractButton.java:1504)
      main (01:19:26): at
      javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed
      (DefaultButtonModel.java:378)
      main (01:19:26): at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed
      (DefaultButtonModel.java:250)
      main (01:19:26): at
      javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased
      (BasicButtonListener.java:216)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent
      (Component.java:3717)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Component.processEvent
      (Component.java:3546)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Container.processEvent
      (Container.java:1164)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl
      (Component.java:2595)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl
      (Container.java:1213)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent
      (Component.java:2499)
      main (01:19:26): at
      java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:2451)
      main (01:19:26): at
      java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:2216)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent
      (Container.java:2125)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl
      (Container.java:1200)
      main (01:19:26): at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl
      (Window.java:912)
      main (01:19:27): at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent
      (Component.java:2499)
      main (01:19:27): at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent
      (EventQueue.java:319)
      main (01:19:27): at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent
      (EventDispatchThread.java:103)
      main (01:19:27): at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents
      (EventDispatchThread.java:93)
      main (01:19:27): at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run
      (EventDispatchThread.java:84)
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2001
        nadeem wrote:
        > When I use toXML and specify customer or sales table throws this
        > exception
        > (I have not tried other tables)

        This error occurs when a root table is not mapped with a ToRootTable or
        PseudoRoot element.

        In order to transfer data from the customer table, you need to declare
        it as a pseudo-root. For more information, see:

        I'm not sure why this would occur with the sales table.

        > Also it gives a message saying DBMSToXML$Order class not found - Of
        > course its there in the xmldbms.jar file as well as in the xmldbms
        > folder

        I have no idea why this would happen. The only thing I can suggest is to
        check your classpath and, assuming that is correct, recompile XML-DBMS.