RE: [xml-dbms] transfer example works if I comment out the xmldbm s.dtd line in the sales.map

  • adam flinton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      Just a quickie (I'm about to get on a plane)

      I would nearly always take the xmldbms.dtd ref off the top anyway as the Map
      file is in effect a Design Doc/Template so (a) why would you want any one
      changing it once it's in & running (b) it is a possible source of error so
      remove it (e.g. if it's an http ref & the http server goes down or someone
      moves the file) & (c) the parser might validate the Map file against the DTD
      which seeing you already know the Map File is OK then you're costing time
      for no gain.

      Adam