Thanks for the help but...

  • adam flinton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2001
      Dear All,

      Thanks a lot for the select * from A where x=1 idea....

      Just quickly though is there a std "test Connection" method just to see that
      the DB is at that URL & that the driver is correct etc?

      Adam
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2001
        adam flinton wrote:

        > Just quickly though is there a std "test Connection" method just to see that
        > the DB is at that URL & that the driver is correct etc?

        I would have thought that just getting the connection was enough, but I
        suppose that could be done lazily.

        It costs a bit, but you could try something like
        DatabaseMetaData.getTables, which can't be answered by the driver.