Re: [xml-dbms] Error In SQl Statement

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 31, 2001
      apkeliye wrote:
      > I was trying to get XML without any 'WHERE' condition.
      > Is there any way to creat XML for the query like
      > " Select * from Suspect ".

      If you are using version 1.01, use the TransferResultSet sample -- you
      can pass in the query on the command line. (If you are using version
      1.1, you can pass the query to Transfer with the Select property.)

      Note that this requires you to change your map document. Instead of
      mapping your pseudo-root element to the Suspect table, you map it to the
      table named "Result Set". This is a special name used by XML-DBMS to
      tell it that a result set is being used instead of a table name and key
      value.

      For details, see section 7.2 of the version 1.01 readme or section 4.10
      of the verson 1.1 readme.

      -- Ron
    • apkeliye
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2001
        Hi Ron
        Thanks for the answer.
        I have another question.
        Is there any way I cound avoid the table name?
        My idea behind thsi is to make the java class files independent of change in
        database.
        I just want to be dependent on map files.
        Thanks
        Sumesh

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2001
          apkeliye wrote:
          > Is there any way I cound avoid the table name?
          > My idea behind thsi is to make the java class files independent of change in
          > database.
          > I just want to be dependent on map files.

          I don't understand this. This should already be true. Where do you have
          a table name in a java class file?

          -- Ron
        • apkeliye
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2001
            I am using the the codes of Transfer.java into my code.
            I am not using command line.
            Here I need to have tablename to call
            doc = dbmsToDOM.retrieveDocument(tableName, key);

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2001
              The table name and key value have to come from somewhere. Otherwise,
              XML-DBMS does not know what table and key to use to start retrieving the
              data. If you do not want to use the command line, you could modify
              Transfer to get the table name and key value from somewhere else, like a
              Java properties file or a simple text file.

              It is not possible for XML-DBMS to retrieve the table name from the map
              file. The reason for this is that a map file can contain many table
              names, so it does not know which one to use. It also cannot retrieve a
              key value from a map file, since the map file does not contain key
              values.

              -- Ron

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2001
                I was thinking of having a property file and another xml file to get these
                values.
                I have done it almost.
                Now I am working on inserting records into tables.
                1 table there is not problem.
                Is it possible to store records into differeste tables?
                Do I have to have separate calles with separate map and xml files?

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2001
                  apkeliye wrote:

                  > 1 table there is not problem.
                  > Is it possible to store records into differeste tables?
                  > Do I have to have separate calles with separate map and xml files?

                  If the XML document has nested data from multiple related tables, you
                  can use a single map document. See sales.map and sales_in.xml in the
                  samples directory for an example.

                  If the XML document has data from multiple, unrelated tables, such as
                  the following:

                  <tables>
                  <table1>
                  <row>
                  <column1>...</column1>
                  <column2>...</column2>
                  </row>
                  <row>
                  </row>
                  </table1>
                  <table2>
                  </table2>
                  </tables>

                  you can still use a single map document. In this case, declare the root
                  element (<tables> in this case) as an ignored root element and the table
                  elements (<table1>, <table2>, etc.) as pseudo-root elements.

                  -- Ron
                • shiva azizi
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2001
                    Hi:)

                    I am the new member of this group.Unfortunately I do
                    not understand any thing about the mails that I
                    receive.Is there any one who tell me what is going
                    on,please???

                    yours sincerely
                    Shirin

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2001
                      This mailing list is for discussing XML-DBMS, a product for transferring
                      data between XML documents and relational databases.

                      You can find the XML-DBMS home page at:

                      http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms/index.htm

                      For an overview of XML-DBMS, see:

                      http://www.rpbourret.com/xmldbms/readme.htm