Re: How Can I get the map file automatically ?

  • forsini@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2001
      With the current version of XML-DBMS, is it possible to generate a
      map from a (W3C) XML Schema instead of using a DTD?

      --francois

      --- In xml-dbms@y..., Ronald Bourret <rpbourret@r...> wrote:
      > You can generate a map automatically from a DTD with the GenerateMap
      > sample program. See section 7.3 of the readme file for details. Note
      > that you will probably have to clean up the generated map. The names
      > might not be what you want and you might need to change the
      structure to
      > get efficient data storage. (For details, see the last part of
      section
      > 5.5 in:
      >
      > http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLAndDatabases.htm
      >
      > It is not yet possible to generate a map from a relational schema.
      >
      > -- Ron
      >
      > g8213506@n... wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi ~
      > > I have a problem about the map . Can we get the map file from the
      XML

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2001
        forsini@... wrote:

        > With the current version of XML-DBMS, is it possible to generate a
        > map from a (W3C) XML Schema instead of using a DTD?

        Not unless you can find code that will convert a schema to a DTD and
        then run the result through GenerateMap/MapFactory_DTD. Note that such a
        conversion will be lossy, although that doesn't really matter, since the
        1.0 mapping language doesn't support many schema features anyway.