sql to xml

  • Anahi Avalos Rubio
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2001
      Is There some way to transform resultset(java) to xml document with his own
      dtd ?

      I found some classes of XMLSMBD, but I like to use some little different. I
      was using com.ibm.xml.parser.DTD, .TXDocument,.. to do this. Is there
      something similar in the new releases of IBM or SUN ?

      Thanks in advancce,

      Anahi

      PSD: Thank you very much for http://java.sun.com/xml/tutorial_intro.html
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 20, 2001
        Sorry about taking so long to reply. I've been on vacation.

        Anahi Avalos Rubio wrote:

        > Is There some way to transform resultset(java) to xml document with his own
        > dtd ?

        XML-DBMS can map a result set to an XML document using
        DBMSToDOM.retrieveDocument(ResultSet). You need to create a map document
        that maps the result set to the XML document. For details, see the
        TransferResultSet sample program.

        Note that the DTD is not explicitly used -- the map document simply
        tells XML-DBMS which elements/attributes to map the columns to. It is
        your responsibility to make sure these elements/attributes correspond to
        your DTD.

        > I found some classes of XMLSMBD, but I like to use some little different. I
        > was using com.ibm.xml.parser.DTD, .TXDocument,.. to do this.

        You can use any DOM implementation you want with XML-DBMS. (I assume
        .TXDocument is a class that implements the Document interface.) For
        details, see the readme file -- especially section 6.2 (DOM Document
        Factories).

        XML-DBMS does not directly use DTDs to transfer data. The only time it
        uses DTDs is when generating map documents from a DTD. In this case, it
        uses its own DTD objects. For details, see the GenerateMap sample and
        MapFactory_DTD.

        > Is there
        > something similar in the new releases of IBM or SUN ?

        I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain?