Re: [xml-dbms] DocumentHandler vs ContentHandler for 2.0

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2001
      I was aware of this, but hadn't made a decision yet.

      My worry was that, since MapFactory_MapDocument didn't need any 2.0
      capabilities, we would needlessly cut out the ability to use 1.0
      parsers. However, I just noticed the ParserAdapter class, which makes a
      1.0 parser look like a 2.0 parser.

      I'll fix this in the next go-around on MapFactory_MapDocument.

      -- Ron

      Michael I Angerman wrote:

      > > Since
      > >
      > > http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/apiDocs/org/xml/sax/DocumentHandler.html
      > >
      > > has been DEPRECATED
      > >
      > > Doesn't it make sense for MapFactory_MapDocument to implement
      > >
      > > http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/apiDocs/org/xml/sax/ContentHandler.html
      > >
      > > Seems like over the longer term this would make more sense.
      > >
      > > Comments ?
      > >
      > > Michael I Angerman
      > > glendive69@...

      > Or join the newsgroup at: news://news.barkto.com/homeless.xml.xml-dbms

      Programming, Writing, and Training
    • glendive69@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 7, 2001
        If you want to be consistent across the board...

        Then you should update the following three classes in XmlDbms 2.0

        org.xml.sax

        DEPRECATED REPLACEMENT (in SAX 2.0)

        DocumentHandler ContentHandler

        AttributeList Attributes