Re: [xml-dbms] Digest Number 25

  • Abdourahaman Abdou
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2000
      Thank you to have mentioned this problem.

      I got few days ago the same problem as I transfer XML data into MS Access
      database. I used also JDBC-ODBC bridge with the MS Access ODBC driver. No
      errors or warnings have be send back. I thought the transfer is o.k. But
      today (after reading the mail). I checked the result and I realized that
      data have been truncated. Is it a lack of MS Access?! I tried later the same
      job with oracle. I'm using oracle thin. Oracle produced a nonfatal error
      with indication that the value to be inserted is too large and the process
      is brocken.

      Is there a possibility to breack the insert statement if the value to be
      inserted is too large? I mean with MS Access.