397Re: Sample Program 'Transfer': difficulties geting it to Work

  • mahons@oakpoint.ie
    Nov 2, 2000
      Thanks for that Ronald, I'm not receiveing that error any more but I
      have a new one, Typical.

      "Root Element not mapped to Root Table or Ignored: XMLToDBMS"

      I've tried a few things with the database but nothing is jumping out
      at me.

      --- In xml-dbms@egroups.com, Ronald Bourret <rpbourret@r...> wrote:
      > Some parsers (I can't remember which ones) require you to give a
      > complete path to the DTD. For example, instead of using the
      following
      > DOCTYPE statement:
      >
      > <!DOCTYPE XMLToDBMS SYSTEM "xmldbms.dtd">
      >
      > you need to use:
      >
      > <!DOCTYPE XMLToDBMS SYSTEM "C:\xmldbms\samples\xmldbms.dtd">
      >
      > (or whatever your directory is).
      >
      > Note that you can also simply remove the DOCTYPE statement
      altogether.
      > When reading a map document, XML-DBMS assumes it is valid (with
      > unpredictable results if it is not). Therefore, if you are sure
      your map
      > is valid, you don't need the DTD. This has the advantage of being
      faster
      > than if validation is performed. On the other hand, if you want the
      > parser to validate the document, you need to include the DTD.
      >
      > (Not doing validation may require changes to the code in Transfer,
      as
      > some parsers have options to specify whether you want to do
      validation
      > or not. You will need to check your parser documentation about
      this.)

      > -- Ron
      >
      > P.S. Adam -- it would probably be a good idea to add a Validate Map
      > check-box to the GUI and Transfer API somewhere.
      >
      > mahons@o... wrote:
      >
      > > Its my first time using XML-dbms and I'm having a few problems
      > > getting the samples to work. I have set up a database with the
      > > required tables. Yet when I run the 'Transfer' program with the
      > > product.map and product_in.xml files I keep getting an error:
      > >
      > > "External Entity not found: 'xmldbms.dtd'"
      > >
      > > I have placed this file in the same directory and still it won't
      > > work. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong?.
      >
      > --
      > Ronald Bourret
      > Programming, Writing, and Training
      > XML, Databases, and Schemas