3734Re: Strange problem

  • sctt_bainbridge
    Aug 1, 2005

      one known issue is that the order of columns returned by
      RetrieveDocumentBySQL can be different to what you expect, see the

      Mismatched elements is due to this bug:

      Briefly, XML-DBMS accesses internal column information by column
      When it constructs the select statements, it knows the column numbers
      (so RetrieveDocumentByFilter works). When you construct the select
      statement, it needs to retrieve the column numbers from the result
      metadata; the alpha 3 version of Transfer didn't do this and the
      shows how to fix the code.

      note sure if this is it but worth checking....

      --- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, "thetriviaboy" <andrew@r...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > sun jdk1.5.0_04
      > linux kernel 2.6.11
      > xml-dbms java alpha 3
      > I'm having a strange problem which I cannot consistently recreate
      > can hear the cries of uh-oh already).
      > I'm running the org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.Transfer app with
      > method RetrieveDocumentBySQL, ie I'm getting stuff out of the
      > and storing it to an xml file. In all cases described here the
      > being used is exactly the same, on the same machine, with the same
      > user account etc, etc.
      > Most of the time it works just fine, sometimes it'll bomb out with
      > this error:
      > Exception in thread "Reference Handler"
      > java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException
      > at java.lang.Object.notifyAll(Native Method)
      > at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.enqueue
      > at
      > java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java:129)
      > Other times it'll bomb out with this error:
      > An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
      > #
      > # Internal Error
      > (4F424A4543542D4F4E49544F523F4C494E55580E4350500157), pid=13477,
      > tid=2992036784
      > #
      > # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_04-b05 mixed mode,
      > # An error report file with more information is saved as
      > /tmp/hs_err_pid13477.log
      > #
      > # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
      > # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
      > #
      > Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on here? I've not
      > quantified it yet, but it appears that it runs ok 90% of the time,
      > with the first error occurring say 7% of the time, and the second
      > error 3% of the time.
      > Cheers,
      > Andrew
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic