3733Strange problem

  • thetriviaboy
    Aug 1, 2005
      Hi all,

      sun jdk1.5.0_04
      linux kernel 2.6.11
      xml-dbms java alpha 3

      I'm having a strange problem which I cannot consistently recreate (I
      can hear the cries of uh-oh already).

      I'm running the org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.Transfer app with the
      method RetrieveDocumentBySQL, ie I'm getting stuff out of the database
      and storing it to an xml file. In all cases described here the query
      being used is exactly the same, on the same machine, with the same
      user account etc, etc.

      Most of the time it works just fine, sometimes it'll bomb out with
      this error:
      Exception in thread "Reference Handler"
      java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException
      at java.lang.Object.notifyAll(Native Method)
      at java.lang.ref.ReferenceQueue.enqueue(ReferenceQueue.java:51)
      at
      java.lang.ref.Reference$ReferenceHandler.run(Reference.java:129)

      Other times it'll bomb out with this error:
      An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
      #
      # Internal Error
      (4F424A4543542D4F4E49544F523F4C494E55580E4350500157), pid=13477,
      tid=2992036784
      #
      # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_04-b05 mixed mode, sharing)
      # An error report file with more information is saved as
      /tmp/hs_err_pid13477.log
      #
      # http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
      #

      Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on here? I've not
      quantified it yet, but it appears that it runs ok 90% of the time,
      with the first error occurring say 7% of the time, and the second
      error 3% of the time.

      Cheers,

      Andrew
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic