3379Re: [xml-dbms] Re: storeDocument does not work - (maybe solved)

    Apr 6, 2004
      This is a bug in the code. storeDocumentInternal assumes that the
      Properties object is non-null and checks for various optional
      properties, such as whether to perform validation.

      Passing any Properties object to storeDocument solves the problem
      because storeDocumentInternal can then check for the properties it
      needs. It doesn't matter if the properties aren't there, since the code
      knows that these are optional properties and might be missing.

      -- Ron

      uwez2004 wrote:

      > The Proplem disapeared when i replaced the "null" parameter with
      > the "p" Object in t.storeDocument().
      > Guess (hope) this was the problem, though i don't understand the
      > sense in that, because we build the Transfer Object with the Property
      > Object as parameter.
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > --- In xml-dbms@yahoogroups.com, "uwez2004" <zietzling@g...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > first of all, i have to say "thank you" for your fast help!
      > >
      > > Now i'm using "xmldbms20alpha3" with xerces.
      > > I try to get the following procedure running:
      > > //-----------------------
      > > p.load(new FileInputStream("parser.props"));
      > > Transfer t = new Transfer(p);
      > > p.load(new FileInputStream("db.props"));
      > > t.setDatabaseProperties(p);
      > > t.storeDocument(null,"repl.xml","neu.map","order1.act");
      > > //-----------------------
      > > Though i'm not shure about the properness of my *.xml,*.map an
      > *.act
      > > files, i guess, that the following Exception should not occur:
      > >
      > > "java.lang.NullPointerException at
      > > org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.Transfer.storeDocumentInternal
      > > (Transfer.java:828)
      > > at org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.Transfer.storeDocument
      > > (Transfer.java:479)
      > > "
      > > "org.xmlmiddleware.xmldbms.tools.Transfer.storeDocument, line 473.
      > > Source of class has not been found in mounted Filesystem."
      > >

      > > Is there something missing in this path?
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic