2061Re: newbie question

  • germanpulido
    Mar 6, 2002
      I got it working!

      To sum up and to the newbie like me out there that is having problems
      using XML-DMBS 1.01 with PostgreSQL

      A) Using the JDBC org.postgresql.Driver
      =====================================

      1- Transfer from XML to DBMS works fine.

      2- Transfer from DBMS to XML gives the following error:
      java.sql.SQLException: Maximum number of active statements
      exceeded.

      3- To get it to work, simply edit Map.java and look for the method
      getDatabaseMetadata(). Set maxActiveStmts to always be
      Integer.MAX_VALUE like:

      maxActiveStmts = meta.getMaxStatements();
      //if (maxActiveStmts == 0)
      // {
      maxActiveStmts = Integer.MAX_VALUE;
      // }
      preparedSurviveCommit = meta.supportsOpenStatementsAcrossCommit();

      4- Compile using ant with Ben Hall´s build.xml from
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xml-dbms/message/2043
      (Great job Ben, I only had to take out "Oracle_2" in "depends"
      from "compile_all")

      5- It works!

      B) Using Sun´s JdbcOdbcDriver towards PostgreSQL ODBC

      1- Transfer from XML to DBMS works fine.

      2- Transfer from DBMS to XML gives the following error:
      java.sql.SQLException: ResultSet is closed

      3- To get it to work, simply edit DBMStoDOM.java look for the method
      processRelatedTables and comment out rs.close() like:

      // rs.close();
      map.checkInSelectStmt(select, rsMap.table.number, i);

      4- Compile like in A-4

      5- It works!

      You can also try out jxdbcon driver (another JDBC for postgreSQL) I
      never got it working, I think is because I didnt set it up correctly.

      > try the JDBC driver mentioned in the following message instead:

      The solutions came from all the postings here. Thanks to everyone.

      One question for the people that really understands what is going on
      here:
      Which solution it the best for a production environment A or B?

      Thanks again.

      german antonio pulido