2055Re: [xml-dbms] newbie question

    Mar 6, 2002
      germanpulido wrote:

      > Im trying to use XML-DBMS towards a PosgreSQL database, im using the
      > PostgreSQL JDBC Driver and I get this error:
      >
      > java.sql.SQLException: Maximum number of active statements exceeded
      >
      > When running "Transfer -toxml sales.map sales_in.xml".
      > I have read here that this error is a problem with the JDBC
      > postgresql driver which returns always 1 to meta.getMaxStatements()
      > and can be solved by setting maxActiveStmts = Integer.MAX_VALUE in
      > getDatabaseMetadata(). Am I right?

      You can try this, but I don't know if it will work. Supposedly,
      PostgreSQL doesn't have a limitation on the number of active statements,
      but I don't know if that's actually true. If this doesn't work, you can
      try the JDBC driver mentioned in the following message instead:

      > I have made the change, but now i run into problems trying to compile
      > the whole thing. Im a java newbie and have only used already made ant
      > commands when I needed to compile any source.
      > Can someone please give me some advice on how should I set the
      > classpath and the source files and the easyest way to compile and
      > make the jar file?.

      I'll answer this in a separate email.

      > I think some of this should be in the XML-DBMS
      > documentation.

      I've added it as a doc bug.