2041newbie question

  • germanpulido
    Mar 1, 2002

      Im trying to use XML-DBMS towards a PosgreSQL database, im using the
      PostgreSQL JDBC Driver and I get this error:

      java.sql.SQLException: Maximum number of active statements exceeded

      When running "Transfer -toxml sales.map sales_in.xml".
      I have read here that this error is a problem with the JDBC
      postgresql driver which returns always 1 to meta.getMaxStatements()
      and can be solved by setting maxActiveStmts = Integer.MAX_VALUE in
      getDatabaseMetadata(). Am I right?

      I have made the change, but now i run into problems trying to compile
      the whole thing. Im a java newbie and have only used already made ant
      commands when I needed to compile any source.
      Can someone please give me some advice on how should I set the
      classpath and the source files and the easyest way to compile and
      make the jar file?. I think some of this should be in the XML-DBMS
      documentation.

      Thanks a lot,

      Antonio Pulido.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic