Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] Scott's eyes

  • Quai-Dian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2000
      > >Scott has to wear the glasses/visor with ruby quartz lenses
      > >to control his optic blasts. Without them he wouldn't be
      > >able to open his eyes because he lacks (or lost, I'm not
      > >sure which) the ability to control the blasts himself.
      > >Basically, his eyes ALWAYS emit red laser beams and ruby
      > >quartz is the only thing that can keep the energy from
      > >discharging. Does that help?
      >
      > That was a little different in the movies than in the comics.
      > In the comics the power is solar generated, but it builds up quickly
      > like filling a battery.
      > If he is in the a very long time, the power fades. Jean
      > was able to look into his eyes (they're brown)
      > on a few brief occasions when Scott was underground for too long.
      > He also has a pair of regular sun glasses that he wears in the comics
      > instead of his visor, we assume they're specially coated or something.
      > (lol)

      Oh yeah! I was a little confused here when I was watching
      the animated series this Monday. Scott and Jean were
      kidnapped by the morlocks (since the morlock queen wanted to
      take Scott as her partner) and he went around without his
      red glasses on, saying his powers would be no good under
      ground. Thanks for clearing that up... If only I had
      enough time to find and read the comics :) Just out of
      curiosity, does anyone know how long he has to be under
      ground before his power fades? Do you suppose that the
      movie Cyclops would behave the same if he were not in the
      sun light for several hours? Thanks for the help, guys :)

      --
      Quai-Dian

      Wolverine: So read my mind.
      Jean Grey: I'd rather not.
      Wolverine: Why? Afraid you might like it?

      -- X-Men, the Movie