Scott's eyes

  • Una Seckler
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2000

      >Scott has to wear the glasses/visor with ruby quartz lenses
      >to control his optic blasts. Without them he wouldn't be
      >able to open his eyes because he lacks (or lost, I'm not
      >sure which) the ability to control the blasts himself.
      >Basically, his eyes ALWAYS emit red laser beams and ruby
      >quartz is the only thing that can keep the energy from
      >discharging. Does that help?

      That was a little different in the movies than in the comics.
      In the comics the power is solar generated, but it builds up quickly
      like filling a battery.
      If he is in the a very long time, the power fades. Jean
      was able to look into his eyes (they're brown)
      on a few brief occasions when Scott was underground for too long.
      He also has a pair of regular sun glasses that he wears in the comics
      instead of his visor, we assume they're specially coated or something.
      (lol)