Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] Question re: Cyclops

  • Ali Malik
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 1994
      > Let me start by saying "I love this list!"

      Glad to here it.....

      > Now, my question: What is the exact nature of Scott Summers's powers? I
      > mean, I know he shoots/emits/vents red light from his eyes, and it's
      pretty
      > destructive, but is it like a laser, or what? I know it blew apart the
      train
      > station pretty good, and knocked out Magneto, plus it saved Jean from
      > suffocation in Toad slime (euuuw!), but how does it work? Any
      > thoughts/theories/facts out there?
      Pretty detailed answer coming right up.
      O.k going by the comics,
      his power is
      to absorb sunlight like a battery and release it in a beam of concussive
      force (no heat, no laser)
      just force. that means if aimed at a steel door his beams would
      smash/break/crash through it or if
      his visor is at a narrower setting cut through it not melt. Although he
      hasnt done this; it
      has been said in the comics that his beams are strong enough to pulverise
      adamantium ( the metal wolverine's skeleton is made of) at full power.
      Imagine what they'd do to a normal human... Unfortunatly due to a childhood
      accident he suffered brain damage which permenantly scarred the portion of
      his brain which controls his powers, (this is in comics not movie so i dont
      know if it is the same reason here) he cant turn them off, hence the
      visor/glasses made of ruby quartz which basicly reflects his
      beams back to his eyes which he absorbs. (he is immune to his own power).

      Glad to help got any other questions just ask....

      Ali
    • Lady Matilda
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2000
        Thanks to everyone who answered my question! Makes things much clearer!

        Anita
        retiring to the comfy chair of lurkerdom with a stack of fanfic *hint, hint*

        http://profiles.msn.com