OT: Movieverse Fic Plagiarism Alert

  • Jocelyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2007
      Sorry my first post in years has to bear bad news, but I've had a run-in
      with a person who is plagiarizing movieverse stories, including fics
      from xmmff.com.

      Her ff.net profile is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1277121/
      <http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1277121/>

      Her absoute chaos profile here:
      http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1271
      <http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1271>

      I recognize at least two stories by Troll Princess
      <http://www.xmmff.com/stories/viewuser.php?uid=2> which she has copied
      ("All Foam, No Beer" and "Boy Cooties") and I first met her when she
      contacted me two days ago and tried to claim that she had written my old
      xmmff story, "Last Man Standing
      <http://www.xmmff.com/stories/viewstory.php?sid=267> " a month ago.

      Since I wrote that fic back in 2000, I challenged her, and she admitted
      that she had posted it under her own name, but agreed to delete it. She
      has done that, but I've noticed several other stories in her profiles
      that seem familiar (and too well-written to be her work), so I wanted
      the Movieverse authors to know and hope you'll be able to help figure
      out who the real authors of these fics are.

      She has also posted copies of Troll Princess's stories on her Quizilla
      page. If anyone wants to read copies of the emails and Instant Messages
      she sent me, I have saved everything.

      Apologies for the ugly topic,

      Jocelyn