[xmmff] Days of Becoming, Chapter 8

  • Talktooloose
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2007
      Title: Days of Becoming, Chapter 8 - "Measured Response"
      Author: Talktooloose
      'Verse: X-Men movieverse
      Pairing: Pyro/Iceman primarily and eventually but others as well, het and hom
      Warnings: Swearing, I think. It means nothing to me, so I don't
      really take note. Bubbling sexuality. Implied use of hand lotion as a
      sexual aid. Bad puns.
      Series Summary: This novel focuses mainly on the paths Iceman and
      Pyro take on their way to adulthood and how they discover and deal
      with their love for each other. It is a novel about what Joni
      Mitchell calls "the dream's malfunction" and how we can learn to make
      our own dreams when our heroes fail us. Other X characters and OC's
      play prominent roles and the action begins before X1, continues
      through the events of X2 and X3 and concludes in the aftermath of
      that movie.
      Chapter Summary: The characters react to the shooting in Pasadena. At
      the mansion, they plan action; in Boston, a disillusioned Mike meets
      an interesting girl; at the mutant youth meeting in New York, Bobby
      makes a bold (or is it foolish) move. Bobby and Kitty wonder what's
      up with all the spandex.
      Betas: kuriadalmatia and lux_apollo. My betas' feedback really pushed
      me to clarify both the action and the character intentions here.
      Humble thanks.
      Disclaimers: Marvel and 20th Century own this stuff but they need us
      to make sense of it.

      The Chapter can be found at:
      <http://toothdemon.net/ttl/fanfic/dob/chapter08.html>http://toothdemon.net/ttl/fanfic/dob/chapter08.html

      Earlier chapters are at the DOB homepage: http://toothdemon.net/ttl/fanfic/dob/

      A comments link can be found at the end of the chapter. Your feedback
      is appreciated.