FIC: That Judgment Cannot Cure (Summers in a Sea of Glory, 4/10)

  • Mo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      I wasn’t so mad at him after that day. The day when we
      had the mission at the zoo. I’m not sure why. I sure
      as fuck had been mad at him before. But then a lot
      happened on that day and things changed somehow.

      Scott and me hadn’t talked, hadn’t fucked, hadn’t done
      much of anything together since Vermont, and I’d just
      been getting madder and madder. Keeping it to myself,
      but it was there all the time. I wasn’t even sure what
      I was mad about, but I couldn’t look at him without
      feeling this rage or something. And shame, too.
      Feeling like I’d been tricked, betrayed, like I’d
      fallen for a pack of lies. Hating him for telling me
      all that stuff, hating myself for believing him.
      Feeling like things had been just fine with him and me
      before he started getting this love stuff in his head.
      Why’d he have to go ruining everything? Only I didn’t
      say anything about it. Didn’t know what to say. And
      then it just came out in the meeting about Cassandra.
      Maybe that’s what I needed – just yell at him, even if
      it wasn’t about what I really was mad for. Relieve
      some of the tension.

      Or maybe fucking helped. It usually puts me in a
      better mood. Like I said, we hadn’t done it since
      before Jeannie got back to being herself. I hadn’t
      done it with anybody else, neither. Doing without
      always makes me pretty surly, I know. I was real mad
      at him when he followed me down to the Danger Room
      that day. Mad, but not just mad. Feeling other stuff,
      too. Wanting him, even if I didn’t want to think about
      that. And not wanting to talk about anything.

      Only he keeps going on and on and trying to get me to
      tell him what’s on my mind. “Talk to me, Logan.” “Why
      are you so angry at me all the time, Logan?” I was
      wishing he’d just shut up. I didn’t know whether to
      tell him to get the fuck out, punch him in the face,
      or stick my dick in his mouth. I wasn’t planning on
      kissing him, wasn’t planning on anything. But then I
      did, and one thing led to another, and it all felt
      really good. Started off as angry sex, but it felt
      good. After a while I started wanting him to feel
      good, too. I felt kind of close to him after. Not so
      mad anymore, anyway.

      Or maybe it was the fighting that made the difference
      – fighting on the same side. We still didn’t know what
      Magneto was up to – not that day, anyway. So we
      couldn’t call the mission an entire success. There was
      still stuff to do – find out what that metal guy was
      there for and, when we did, we had to figure out how
      to stop him. But that was still a day or two away.
      That day, after we got back from the zoo, we were
      feeling pretty good. Hey, we did manage to save those
      people, and we brought back Pyro and turned him over
      to the Professor. Who wanted to “rehabilitate” him,
      which seems like a real stupid idea to me, but who

      Yeah, we accomplished the mission, at least that first
      part, and it made me feel good. Good about being an
      X-Man. Felt good about Scott, too, at least some of
      the time.

      Seeing Scott in action, working together like that, it
      did something to me. I don’t know what exactly. It
      reminded me of what we’re good at together, made all
      this other stuff seem not so important or something.

      Other stuff. Like whether he really wants to be with
      me or get married to Jean. Well, he sure seemed like
      he wanted to be with me when he had a mouthful of my
      dick. He sucks me like it’s all he ever wanted to do
      in this life. And then after, when I was fucking him,
      and I could feel his dick moving in my hand while I
      pushed into him again and again. The sounds he was
      making, the things he was saying. When I’m doing it
      with him, it’s hard to believe he wants anything –
      anyone – but me, hard to believe he’d give up what
      we’ve got for anything. But there’s more than sex
      involved here. Well, more than sex for him and Jean
      anyway. And I used to think there was more for him and
      me, too, but now I’m thinking maybe not. Not much
      point thinking about it, anyway.

      Lots of other stuff to think about. What Magneto was
      looking for at the zoo when he and Pyro started that
      distraction became clear real quick. An animal had
      been stolen from the zoo infirmary while we were busy
      rescuing the people trapped in the cable cars. Metal
      doors had mysteriously opened and a baby gorilla there
      had been taken. A baby gorilla they’d taken out of the
      gorilla exhibit two weeks before.

      This animal that was snatched had been really strange.
      That’s why they took it off the display. It seemed to
      be spooking all the other ones. Its own mother was
      rejecting it, and the rest of the gorilla group was
      suddenly doing all this crazy gorilla shit. Well, even
      more crazy than usual gorilla shit, I guess –
      attacking each other, self-mutilating. So, they took
      the weird one out and right away they all calmed down.
      And the vets there were observing it, trying to figure
      out what was wrong with this one. Only I guess Magneto
      must have known what was wrong with it. He must know
      he could use that animal for something, too. We didn’t
      know what yet but we knew whatever it was it couldn’t
      be good. And I was fine working with Scott and them to
      try to figure it out, try to get the gorilla back.
      Mostly I wasn’t even thinking about the other stuff,
      just working.

      Sometimes I thought about him, though. I mean, not
      thought about him as the field leader, but thought
      about him and me. I don’t know if I believe him or not
      that he’s not getting back together with Jean. I don’t
      know if he even knows, really. If he wanted something
      big with me, something long term and real like he says
      he does, well then he’d tell her about us, that much
      I’m sure of. So I think he probably doesn’t, not
      really. Maybe that’s just the way he likes to talk,
      the way he likes to think. Pretending, but then he
      could’ve sort of forgotten it was pretend.

      Yeah, I think that’s it. He kind of got carried away
      there for a while when he thought she was dead. Scott
      was really depressed for a while there. They were all
      worried about him here. Then he was getting better and
      at the same time him and me were spending so much time
      together. And the sex was real good and maybe for a
      little while there he just thought it was something
      more than that. Carried away, like I said.

      Well, maybe I got carried away, too. But not any more.
      I know who I am and I know what I am. An army of
      lovers could conquer the world? Nice story, but it’s
      not for real. I don’t even want that with him, anyway.
      It was a stupid idea. I’m not cut out for that kind of
      thing. I don’t know why I said the stuff I did – just
      kind of caught up in the moment, I guess. But now that
      Jean’s really back and he doesn’t want to tell her
      about him and me, well it’s making me realize that
      this love bullshit just isn’t for me, either.

      None of my business what he and Jeannie do. Sure, I’d
      miss fucking him if they do get back together. But I
      don’t need to think about that, not yet anyway. We’re
      sort of back to normal, back to the way it was, with
      him and me getting together late at night. The sex is
      good – rough and hot and none of that love talk. I’d
      miss it if he got back together with her. But damned
      if I’d do it with him if he’s getting married. I got
      no need to be sneaking around; I can find somebody
      else. Plenty of somebody elses.

      Yeah, he can do what he wants with her, or anybody
      else for that matter. And if they’re not getting
      married, well no reason Scott and me can’t just keep
      on going like we have been. Sex sometimes, hanging out
      together sometimes. Doing whatever we want with
      anybody else, too.

      I don’t know if he *was* doing it with anyone else,
      though. Maybe Jeannie. He says he isn’t, but who
      knows? I’d see them together sometimes. Maybe they
      were working, maybe doing something else. He says he’s
      not even interested in women.

      Don’t know if I believe that. Well, I sure know he
      likes dick. I was getting a good demonstration of how
      much he likes it most nights – him on his knees
      gobbling me up while I shoved it deep. Still, he was
      with her for years before she disappeared. He must
      have gotten something out of it. Something besides
      looking good to the kids and the professor.

      Maybe he was doing it with some other guy, too. Could
      be. Northstar got sent to Westchester to work with us
      on the Magneto thing and I’d see him and Scott
      together sometimes. Maybe talking business, maybe
      something else. None of my business, anyway. He can do
      what he wants.

      And like I said, so can I. I started going out at
      night, especially nights he was busy with Northstar.
      Or with Jean. Not with any plan in mind, really, just
      wanting to be somewhere else for a while.

      This one night I went to this place in town – beer and
      burger joint. I’d been there with Scott once, a long
      time ago, right after we left Jeannie at Alkali Lake.
      It was that time when he was kind of falling apart and
      I figured I’d take him somewhere to get away from the
      school for a while.

      Shit. I was coming out here for a change of scene – no
      time to be thinking about him.

      So I start thinking about the cute barmaid instead.
      I’d noticed her before. Long red hair tied back in a
      ponytail, but a few wisps kept falling in her face and
      she’d blow them away. Great mouth on her. Great ass,
      too, which I’d get a nice look at every time she
      turned around to get another bottle from behind there.
      Tight short skirt showed it off real good. Seeing her
      bending over like that made me want to bend her over,
      me right behind her and pulling the skirt up and her
      panties down. She caught me looking, and I smiled and
      she smiled back. I was going to ask her when she gets
      off work, but before I could she says, “So how’s your

      “What friend?”

      “The one with the problem with his eyes. You brought
      him here once.”

      “Oh him. He’s okay.”

      “What’s his name?”

      “Did the surgery work?”

      I almost said “What surgery?” but then I remembered
      Scott had told her he had to wear the dark glasses
      because of an operation he’d had, that his eyes were
      sensitive to light. So I told her no, that it didn’t
      work and he still had to wear glasses all the time.

      “Well, tell him I’m real sorry about that. And say
      ‘hi’ for me – tell him Maddie says hi. And that he
      should stop in here some time. Okay? Tell him that for

      “Yeah, sure.”

      Didn’t seem much point in trying to get anywhere with
      her after that. I stayed a little longer, looking
      around, but the only other women in the place were
      either there with their boyfriends or pretty close to
      falling down drunk. So I finished my beer and went
      back to the school.

      I passed on the message all right. Later that night.
      With him sitting on my lap, my cock pushed all the way
      up his ass. He was panting and moaning while I rubbed
      his dick harder and faster. I licked him on the side
      of the neck then whispered it right in his ear.
      “Maddie – barmaid at that place in town – wants you to
      stop in,” I told him. He grabbed onto my thighs,
      saying “Oh Logan” and kind of sighing or something as
      he came on my hand. Then I pushed him on to the floor
      on his hands and knees and shoved it into him again.
      Fucked him hard and fast, lying full on his back. So
      good like that, doing it with someone strong enough to
      take the weight of the adamantium in me. He pushed
      back, holding me up while I moved in him, harder and
      faster. And he licked the cum off of my fingers while
      I was fucking him. One finger at a time, real slow,
      making it last until I was ready to shoot. He didn’t
      say nothing about Maddie.

      Mofic Website: http://mo.fandomnation.com/fic/