"My Baby Lives" Scott/Jean [PG-13] X3

  • xmencyclopsfreak27
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2006
      Title:My Baby Lives
      Author: xmencyclopsfreak27
      Summary:Scott and Jean somehow find each other again as love
      guides the way.
      Pairing: Scott/Jean
      Warning: There will be spoilers as I am using some lines directly
      from the movie.

      Part 1
      My Baby Lives

      "Not everyone heals as fast as you do Logan."
      I walked out to the garage and hopped on my Harley, off to Alkali
      Lake I go. I have to make sure Jean is gone, because a part of me
      keeps hearing her call my name, a part of me wants to hope, wants to
      live, wants to believe. The wind is blowing through my hair, I
      remember the last time I rode my bike. Jean was behind me, holding
      onto me, it was our anniversary, we had a picnic at the beach, and
      afterwards we made love, if only life could be that simple every day.
      Finally, I've arrived, I pull off my leather jacket and lay it on my
      bike. I walk to the end of a cliff to get a view over the lake.
      *Scott. *
      It's driving me crazy, I yank off my glasses and look out into the
      lake, my optic blasts going on for miles. I fall to my knees. I
      regain my control and slide them back on. There is a whirlpool
      forming in the middle of the lake, did I do that? Then there she is,
      standing in front of me, looking just like the day she left, except
      now she has long hair again, she's beautiful.
      "Jean?" I call out my heart racing with hope and anxiety.
      "Scott." She whispers.
      "How?"
      "I don't know."
      I step forward pulling her into my embrace, holding her in my arms
      once again. I've found her. I am the happiest I've been in months,
      never was I so happy to see her as I am now, I'm sure that the
      feeling is mutual. She pulls back from the embrace and looks at
      me, "I want to see your eyes." She says putting her hands on my
      glasses.
      "I don't want to hurt you."
      "Trust me, I can control it now." I allow her to remove my glasses
      and close my eyes tightly.
      "Open them." Slowly, unsurely, I open my eyes. They flash red for a
      moment, then they fade to blue. I can see her in full color and
      she's beautiful. She quickly pulls me into a long awaited kiss, our
      tongues dancing together in a glorious song. I don't want to let her
      go. I don't know how we made it back to my bike, but we did, and
      now we're speeding down the highway heading for home, her arms are
      wrapped tighter around me than necessary, but I don't mind, I missed
      her, my baby lives.