FIC: The First Time

  • rachel_martin64
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 24 9:33 PM
      Title: The First Time
      Author: Rachel Martin
      Rating: PG-13
      Complete
      Pairing: Scott/Jubilee, Warren, Ororo

      The first time she saw the "Jubilation" line in Macy's she thought
      her heart just might burst right out of her chest. Her designs. Her
      name on the label. Her line of pre-teen clothes, for sale in a major
      department store.

      http://www.greatestjournal.com/users/rachel_martin64/12145.html

      ************

      Note: I've moved my WIP "Player on the Other Side" to this journal,
      and have deleted it from Geocities.com and FanFiction.net

      http://www.greatestjournal.com/tools/memories.bml?
      user=rachel_martin64&keyword=X-Men&filter=all
    • Mo
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25 3:38 AM
        I loved this! All the characters - even the ones you
        just sketch briefly - are drawn so convincingly.
        Brava!

        Oh, one minor typo you might want to fix:

        "She knew would be no Jubilation, Inc. at all without
        his financial backing and social patronage."

        I think you're missing the word "there" in there.

        And isn't Pratt in Brooklyn?

        Mo
        Mofic Website: http://mo.fandomnation.com/fic/
        www.livejournal.com/users/mofic

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Rachel Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25 7:16 AM
          Thanks for letting me know about the typo, I'll fix that.

          Pratt has 2 locations:

          Pratt Institute
          Brooklyn Campus
          200 Willoughby Ave.
          Brooklyn, NY

          Manhattan Campus
          144 West 14th Street
          New York,NY
          Pratt is located between Sixth and Seventh Avenues on the south side of the
          block, closest to Seventh Avenue.

          And I realize now I was really thinking of the Fashion Institute of
          Technology, LOL! I�ve been away from home too long. I�ll probably go back
          and change it in the story

          Fashion Institute of Technology
          Seventh Avenue at 27 Street
          New York City 10001-5992

          Glad you liked it, thanks for the kind words.

          Rachel