GRAIL: a novel of resurrection (ensemble cast) mystery/suspense COMPLETE

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2006
      GRAIL: a novel of resurrection
      Minisinoo

      But if so, what's risen from the water? A little bit ghost story, a
      little bit love story; a little bit mystery, a little bit suspense.

      Characters: emsemble cast (everyone from X2 and then some)
      Genre: mystery-suspense
      Warning: adult audiences

      http://www.themedicinewheel.net/grail/grail.html

      Because I am a lazy soul and this novel is loooong, I kinda gave up
      on posting individual chapters. I beg forgiveness and indulgence.
      The idea of specially formatting something like 60,000 words for
      these final chapters just made me swoon. <g> Since it's the ending
      of a long project (over 2 years), many of you have seen me post parts
      of it before, and have some sense if you like my writing style (or
      not).

      Those of you new to the group, or who have been dubious, some
      additional information that might help you decide if the novel would
      be of interest to you:

      GRAIL *is* a full-scale novel, and in print, would run about 600
      pages. While I sometimes call it 'my' X3, the basic plot was
      conceived very shortly after X2 was released ... I just didn't have
      time, then, to write it. So it's not intended to be a response to
      the dubious rumors that have surfaced about X3; it's not a
      'replacement' to the film. It's a book, and narratives do different
      things from movies. This is just what I'd do with X3 if it were
      handed to me (and I didn't have to worry about pesky things like
      PG-ratings).

      The novel is a true ensemble piece, and if the main character is,
      indeed, Jean (and Scott and Warren, too), a number of other
      significant characters play substantial and pivotal roles, including
      several of the kids. Among the other point-of-view characters are
      Logan, Mystique, Storm, Rogue, Kitty (Pryde), and even Artie (little
      snake-tongue). Hank McCoy (Beast) is also present, although both he
      and Warren Worthington (Angel) were included long before they were
      known to be in X3. They're different characters here (for one thing,
      Hank is his pre-blue self), and different ages -- but they're
      present. Also, my inclusion of the Legacy subplot long predated
      rumors about the Cure-virus in X3.

      Please be aware that Grail IS an adult novel. That means it may
      include events and imagery not suitable for younger readers. Take
      the 'swim at your own risk' seriously.

      Cheers!

      --Min
      The Medicine Wheel: X-Men Fanfic