Elemental [0/17] Ensemble, post-X2 (rated teen/mature)

  • Katt S
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2006
      Title: Elemental
      Characters: Scott Summers, Remy Lebeau Summers, Alex Summers, Adam Darr
      Summers; (also Rogue/Marie D'Acanto, Warren Worthington, Bobby Drake,
      Jubilation Lee, Piotr Rasputin, Logan/Wolverine, Ororo Munroe, Charles
      Xavier, the partridge in the pear tree, and the kitchen sink).
      Rating: Teen/Mature (lots of strong language)

      already succeeded in taking Adam. The worse news is that Scott, Remy, and
      Alex have to work together to save him. And you thought the Brady Bunch was
      dysfunctional.

      Notes:
      I had so much fun with the friendship between movieverse Remy and Scott in
      Prodigals (found at http://www.madweasel.com/kattsaerie/prodigals.html) that
      I hitched it up a notch. Of course, you can't say "Summers brothers" without
      bringing Alex/Havok along. By the time I starting sketching out the
      relationships between those three, Adam-X/the X-treme threw himself into the
      plot and wouldn't let go.

      Thus, "Elemental" was born.

      The novel tie-in to X1 first presented Scott Summers having some
      girl-trouble at prom (Incidentally, the novel also spells this section
      "prolog" which makes me twitch as much as the word "tyre). Nothing about
      being orphanned or living in the streets.

      Of course, it didn't say anything about brothers either and pretty much
      lambasted the Jean-Scott age difference with "1986" printed clearly before
      the prom scene, but I claim my right as a fanficcer to pick and choose
      details. ;)

      "Elemental" begins early in the summer of 2005 (thanks for the tip about
      Senate hearings, Minisinoo!), three months after Jean Grey's death *cough*.
      I've chosen to ignore Hurricane Katrina, not because I want to forget it
      happened. I will admit to thinking "Oh! Plot point!" but mashed the
      temptation down; I feel it's too soon to include it in a piece of
      entertainment. Also, I would like to emphasize that the portrayal of
      Christopher Summers is not meant to represent all those who work for the air
      force/military/navy.

      Much thanks to my betas, E and fyrechilde, as well as everyone who said that
      writing a Big Story With Premeditated Plot isn't as scary as it sounded. The
      re-writes however...