FIC: Series Information for A Time to Every Purpose

  • Mo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2005
      Series Title: A Time for Every Purpose

      Author: Mo

      Characters and Pairings: Various characters appear in
      this series, both canon and original. The main
      pairings are Scott/Logan, Jean-Paul/OMC, and
      Jean/OMC.

      Rating: This series is intended for an adult
      audience. It contains graphic descriptions of sexual
      activity and deals with adult relationships and
      concerns.

      Xavier has a new problem. Jean-Paul and Adam have an
      old problem that didn�t go away after all. Scott is
      facing some new challenges and some big changes. Jean
      and Sasha are getting married. To everything there is
      a season.

      Format: A story series of 10 stories. Total length
      is about 30,000 words.

      Scenario/Sequel/Series: X1 movieverse, although much
      has happened since the movie. This series was written
      well after X2, but does not attempt to include the
      events portrayed in that film. I attempt only to be
      consistent with the first movie and my previous
      fiction.

      A Time to Every Purpose takes place shortly after the
      events depicted in Reminiscences, and about a year
      after Unexpected Occurrences. It picks up on plot and
      themes introduced in both of those series, although I
      hope it can be read as a standalone as well. Brief
      biographies of the main characters, both canon and
      original, are available on my website, to make it
      easier for those coming in well into the story. They
      can be found at:

      http://www.angelfire.com/comics/mo/1/bios.htm

      The characters, situations and events in A Time for
      Every Purpose are consistent with those portrayed in
      my previous stories and series:

      Anything Can Happen
      I Know What You Are
      We�re Not What You Think
      Canadian Nights
      What a Long, Strange Trip It�s Been
      Night and Day
      Foreign Correspondence
      Adult Education
      Continuing Education
      Safe House
      Different from All Other Nights
      Commencement
      Chips Cashed In
      Taking Chances
      Trials
      Unexpected Occurrences
      Reminiscences

      All but the most recent of these are available at
      www.angelfire.com/comics/mo . Later fiction can be
      read on my livejournal:
      www.livejournal.com/users/mofic . My website is under
      reconstruction. All stories will be on the
      reconstructed version, with illustrations.

      Disclaimer: The X-Men and Alpha Flight belong to
      Marvel. The movie belongs to Fox. RoseAnn, Adam,
      Anjuli, Sasha, Jake, Jamie, Babies Hank and Ezra, Dr.
      Levitan and assorted other characters are the products
      of my fevered imagination. Scott and Logan feel a
      little bit like they're mine, too, since I've been
      borrowing them for so long.

      Feedback: Oh, yes! I love feedback. Direct all
      comments to mogbrg@...

      Archiving: Sure, just ask.

      Literature Guide: Most of my characters � as Magneto
      points out in the movie � live in a school. My
      version of Cyclops is an English teacher and tends to
      think in literary terms about events around him. It
      has been my practice to publish a literature guide
      providing supplemental information on literature
      quoted in each series, along with URLs for the
      complete works, if available. The guide for A Time
      for Every Purpose will be posted after the stories
      themselves. It contains spoilers so should be read
      after the series.

      Acknowledgements: Thanks to three very helpful and
      insightful betas � Violet, Ann Marie, and Sandy � for
      sticking with me on this one and offering many
      suggestions for improvement, as well as providing some
      of the jokes. Their assistance was invaluable.
      Mistakes are mine alone.

      Mo
      Mofic Website: www.angelfire.com/comics/mo
      www.livejournal.com/users/mofic