META: Introducing X-EDIT -- new beta group, LJ-specific ... we're live!

  • Minisinoo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17 8:20 PM
      Although X-EDIT is an LJ community, not an egroup, I know that many
      of the folks on these mailing lists are also involved with Live
      Journal -- hence this one-time notice, in order to reach folks who
      might not otherwise hear:

      http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=x_edit

      WHY X-EDIT?

      This community grew out of a series of discussions in LJ entries
      about how difficult it can be to locate a beta reader/editor,
      particularly for folks new to fanfiction, or new to X-Men/Marvel
      fandom. I've heard this same song before, and I understand it IS
      difficult.

      So I set about creating a group that might help along the process for
      folks in need of beta readers/editors ... or who are willing to be
      betas/editors. X-EDIT isn't a silver bullet sure to solve everyone's
      problem, simply a forum where editors and writers might be able to
      find each other. (And I know some writers already have a comfortable
      circle of editors/betas, and aren't looking further.)

      Please read the Community Info page (link above) for more info.

      There are also a series of Rules and Guidelines posts here, that we
      ask you to read *in full* before posting ANYTHING to the community:

      Intro and Basic Rules:
      http://www.livejournal.com/community/x_edit/1326.html

      Guidelines for Editors / Betas:
      http://www.livejournal.com/community/x_edit/1740.html

      Guidelines for Authors:
      http://www.livejournal.com/community/x_edit/1798.html

      Troubleshooting (when things go wrong):
      http://www.livejournal.com/community/x_edit/2308.html

      Yes, you do need to have a live journal (and join the community) in
      order to post. But live journals are FREE. It just takes half an
      hour (or so) to set one up. :-)

      If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me.

      Cheers!

      --Min
      The Medicine Wheel: X-Men Fanfic
      http://www.themedicinewheel.net/