Fic - X2 deleted scene - Pyro and Rogue

  • Tara Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2005
      Title: X2 deleted scene – Pyro and Rogue
      author: Tara Ann
      summary: John and Rogue share some conversation. X2
      Rating/warning & pairing: G. Pyro/Rogue
      ** I've liked Pyro from the first moment I saw him in X2. He's
      complex with confidence and vulnerability. I only hope I give St.
      John Allerdyce the respect and understanding he deserves. He is the
      boy with the soft edges and the palest pout.

      note: This scene takes place between Pyro's deleted campfire scene
      and Mystique in Logan's tent.

      EXT. CAMPFIRE – NIGHT

      John Allerdyce a.k.a Pyro is still sitting where he was when he
      helped Rogue and Bobby start the fire. The attack on the mansion
      scared him, the attack on Logan scared him, the attack on the x-jet
      scared him, but fighting back on the porch made him realize he
      doesn't have to be afraid. He realized he's more angry than afraid
      and something in his life needs to change – he doesn't want to sit
      around and wait; he wants to fight, he wants to survive for one
      simple reason – because he can. Maybe he's become too comfortable at
      the school and he knows it will never be his home. He's looking for
      something more and maybe he doesn't need the others, maybe the only
      person he can depend on is himself. They don't understand and maybe
      he wanted them to – he used to want them to – not now . . . he's
      looking for something different, something more than the make-believe
      they entertain. He needs to believe something different; hope needs
      to be something he can touch and feel and control.

      He sees Rogue walking towards him and for one moment he hopes it's
      because she really wants to talk to him, but he tells himself he
      doesn't have the chance in hell and that somehow he let the one
      chance he did have wither into blandly epic fantasies.

      ROGUE
      Where's Bobby?

      PYRO
      (silent sigh)
      I think he's looking for you. He didn't stick around too long after
      you went off like Little Miss Attitude.

      ROGUE
      (snickers)
      Me? You know, you're not such the tough one to hold on to.
      (sits beside him)
      You're still inside my head. I'm never going to forget you.

      PYRO
      (looks at her)
      I guess I should say, "Sorry for the inconvenience." I never wanted
      to upset your pretty little head.

      ROGUE
      I know what you're hiding, John. I guess I don't really understand
      why you're hiding. We're on the same side . . .

      PYRO
      I always liked the "hiding" part better than the "seeking" part.

      ROGUE
      Don't you worry. I'm not gonna tell the whole world.
      (beat)
      Maybe you should.

      PYRO
      (shrugs)
      I'll write it into my novel.

      ROGUE
      Talking to people isn't that intimidating.

      PYRO
      No, it's just pointless. They're aren't enough words.

      ROGUE
      Why didn't you tell me?

      PYRO
      Tell you?

      ROGUE
      Why didn't you tell me you liked me?

      PYRO
      I don't know how to impress you.

      ROGUE
      Then I should tell you the secret – you don't have to try very hard.
      (beat)
      I thought maybe you were afraid to touch me.

      PYRO
      No, I don't want to touch you. Not in the way you think.

      ROGUE
      (beat, stands up)
      Don't stay out here all night, you'll freeze.

      PYRO
      (looks at the fire and smiles)
      I don't think so.

      ROGUE
      You know what I mean.

      PYRO
      No, I really don't. I wish I did.
      (beat)
      I think I'm starting to hate them. The people.

      ROGUE
      Which people?

      PYRO
      The people who don't like us.