Fic - X2 deleted scene - Pyro and Logan

  • Tara Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      Title: X2 deleted scene – Pyro and Logan
      author: Tara Ann
      summary: John and Logan share some conversation.
      Rating/warning & pairing: G
      *Characters do not belong to me.
      ** I've liked Pyro from the first moment I saw him in X2. He's
      complex with confidence and vulnerability. I only hope I give St.
      John Allerdyce the respect and understanding he deserves. He is the
      boy with the soft edges and the palest pout.

      note: This scene takes place after Mystique's visit to Logan's tent
      and after Pyro's deleted campfire scene.

      INT. LOGAN'S TENT – NIGHT

      Logan sits up when Pyro sticks his head inside the tent. He is
      surprised to see the kid. For one moment he thinks Mystique has
      returned, but his senses tell him it's just the kid. Logan is
      uncomfortable showing his sensitive side, but he's a bleeding heart
      when it comes to kids. Maybe the dangerous guy isn't really
      dangerous . . .

      Pyro is uncertain. He hasn't really made conversation with Logan in
      the past, and he's not really looking for any now. In his eyes Logan
      is intimidating and independent – the guy that breaks all the rules
      and still gets to be part of the team – he admires him for it. Logan
      is someone John Allerdyce relates to . . .

      PYRO
      (false indifference)
      Hey . . . can I sleep in here tonight?

      LOGAN
      Um, sure kid.

      Pyro doesn't look at him and enters the tent, laying down beside
      Logan while still keeping distance between them. His hand is in his
      pocket, his fingers closed securely around his shark-mouthed lighter –
      his security, his power, his sense of self. Logan waits for the kid
      to start talking, then realizes he isn't going to – that's fine with
      him, he's not much for conversation and he really doesn't know much
      about this kid called Pyro except for the fire-show spectacular he
      pulled on Bobby's porch. Still, Logan remembers he's one of the
      adults here and decides maybe he should try to reach out to the kid.

      LOGAN
      Why aren't you with Rogue and Bobby?

      PYRO
      I don't think they really want me around.

      LOGAN
      What's wrong with sharing with the blue guy?

      PYRO
      He talks too much. I don't like uncomfortable conversation.

      LOGAN
      I understand.

      There is silence and Logan closes his eyes. He's ready to sleep or
      try to sleep.

      PYRO
      What's wrong with the blue girl? I saw her leave your tent.

      LOGAN
      I don't like her.

      PYRO
      So . . . you're supposed to be old?

      Logan realizes the kid is trying to make some kind of conversation.

      LOGAN
      I'm old enough.

      PYRO
      How old are you? Older than the Professor? Older than Magneto?

      LOGAN
      Too old. Aren't you tired with the fireballs and turbulent flying?

      PYRO
      Tired? I'm too scared to be tired.

      LOGAN
      (beat)
      Yeah, well, you should try and close your eyes.

      PYRO
      (long beat)
      Nothing kills you? I didn't know.

      LOGAN
      Nothing I've ever found.
      (beat)
      What happened back at the house . . . you didn't do anything
      wrong . . .

      PYRO
      I know. I thought you were dead.

      LOGAN
      No kid. Maybe one day.

      PYRO
      I think Bobby's mad at me.

      LOGAN
      He's scared. You kids should stick together.

      PYRO
      Rogue likes him.

      LOGAN
      I know . . . there's always someone else . . .

      PYRO
      I guess.

      LOGAN
      There are other girls.

      PYRO
      Not really.

      LOGAN
      I know.
      (beat)
      We're gonna get you kids back to the school.

      PYRO
      (snickers)
      Yeah, where we'll be safe.