Fic poem - Some Kind of Boy - fire kitten 15

  • Tara Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2005
      Title: fire kitten 15 (Some Kind of Boy – poem 3)
      author: Tara Ann
      summary: This is a poem based on John and Jill's relationship in the
      future to come. It deals with love. The first part is Jill's point
      of view; the second part is John's point of view. X2
      Rating/warning & pairing: G. Pyro/Jill
      *Characters do not belong to me except for Jill – she is mine and
      looks like Claire Danes.
      ** I've liked Pyro from the first moment I saw him in X2. He's
      complex with confidence and vulnerability. I only hope I give St.
      John Allerdyce the respect and understanding he deserves. He is the
      boy with the soft edges and the palest pout.

      fire kitten 15

      you'd think in prison it would be easy to get a smoke
      not for you, you're not allowed
      they won't even let me touch you
      I resent them for it
      you're not dying, you're not even weeping
      I guess I have to do it for the both of us
      I should have seen this coming for us
      maybe I did, maybe I was pretending I didn't
      I've learned to pretend since I've met you
      too many fires, not enough water
      I know it won't be long before I feel you like I used to
      I don't like visiting you, it's not where you're supposed to be
      I don't know what to do with you
      you still haven't figured out what to do with me
      I'm just gonna love you

      this is the first time
      I wish I could promise you the last time
      I could get myself out of this joint in a wink
      instead I wait, no tricks, no treats
      I try my best to avoid the bruises
      and I think of you softly
      I don't believe you've loved me for this long
      it's the beginning of an endless tomorrow
      I won't let the shadows touch you
      I need to keep you burning like my heart
      every letter I write you is the confined sanctuary
      I've memorized the shape of your tears before they've fallen
      everything tastes bitter on the inside
      it's something that never changes
      no matter what kind of glass I'm looking through

      January 2005