Fic poem - Pyro - Some Kind of Boy - burning dark

  • Tara Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2005
      Title: burning dark (Some Kind of Boy – poem 5)
      author: Tara Ann
      summary: This is a poem based on John and Jill's relationship in the
      future to come. It deals with love, illness, and sacrifice. X2
      Rating/warning & pairing: R for one use of profanity. Pyro/Jill
      *Characters do not belong to me except for Jill – she is mine and
      looks like Claire Danes.
      ** I've liked Pyro from the first moment I saw him in X2. He's
      complex with confidence and vulnerability. I only hope I give St.
      John Allerdyce the respect and understanding he deserves. He is the
      boy with the soft edges and the palest pout.

      burning dark

      you've seen every side of me
      felt my warmth, tasted my cold
      I wish you could touch me
      I used to be scared and angry
      now I'm just too fucked and tired
      saving my last trick for something worthwhile
      people will remember my fire
      it's funny, this sickness hurts less than everything else I ever knew
      until I look at you
      and it hurts more than your favorite whiskey
      you're not afraid to touch me
      you can no longer find the soft edges
      I've told you and everyone
      I don't play with fire