Fic poem - Pyro - Some Kind of Boy - the gleaming silenced

  • Tara Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2005
      Title: the gleaming silenced (Some Kind of Boy – poem)
      author: Tara Ann
      summary: This is a poem based in John and Jill's relationship in the
      future to come. It deals with love, insanity, redemption,
      sacrifice. X2
      Rating/warning & pairing: G. Pyro/Jill
      *Characters do not belong to me except for Jill – she is mine and
      looks like Claire Danes.
      ** I've liked Pyro from the first moment I saw him in X2. He's
      complex with confidence and vulnerability. I only hope I give St.
      John Allerdyce the respect and understanding he deserves. He is the
      boy with the soft edges and the palest pout.

      the gleaming silenced

      my baby's burning into nothing
      I don't want to leave him alone
      I'd rather have him burn me up
      I carry his embers in my hair, on my lips, in my heart

      everything beautiful has been singed like you feared it would
      pretty boy lashes don't warm enough wishes
      I used to be able to penetrate your eyes
      now there's nothing there
      when I stare into you
      and you stare into me
      no closely guarded glaze and twinkle
      nothing's there except extinguished memories
      your voice doesn't whisper casual caresses into my flesh
      I can still taste you inside
      your fingers used to grip into my skin
      everything kind and underused
      now I can't even feel their fiery tinge
      I wish I knew how to break out into the other side of your dark glass
      eyes
      I want to feel your familiar flame
      my cheeks are orange from the loss of you
      help me find the pink you liked so much
      your lips don't seem to remember mine
      I touch your face and there's no hushed quiver
      I don't think you even know who I am
      or that I loved you and everything you touched
      sometimes you just laugh more wicked that I knew you could
      no one knows what you're smiling for
      except me, those jealous voices in your head
      the fire convincing you there was no room for me
      how hard you fought I'll never know
      the blistering deep chaos
      it will never leave and I promise you
      I took all that I could
      I guess it wasn't enough
      I wish you knew I missed you
      that I can't watch you so empty and dying
      I know you're trapped on the inside
      impatient and resentful
      burning in outside silence
      and when I see you standing on the corner
      you smile softly at me with the palest pout
      I know you remember
      then I watch you walk away
      I don't call your name
      I know you will not listen
      you just wanted to see something good one last time
      I'm not there when it finally consumes you
      not the way you knew it would
      I never know what really happened to you
      every story in my head could never compare
      I cry for every flame lost
      I didn't know great love couldn't be kind
      you never stopped feeling it
      every part of it was real
      I let you possess me like you thought you wanted to
      you ceased to hold my hand
      I was never the intangible cure you craved
      I fought the choice to let you go
      maybe one day you'll rediscover me

      November 2004