Fic - Pyro - Some Kind of Boy 4

  • Tara Ann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2005
      Title: No Longer the Kid (Some Kind of Boy – story 4)
      author: Tara Ann
      summary: Fire and fire isn't always the perfect match.
      X2/Buffy/Angel/Tru Calling crossover – one doesn't need to know Faith
      to read the story.
      Rating/warning & pairing: NC-17 for brief sexual content. Pyro/Faith
      *Characters do not belong to me.
      ** I've liked Pyro from the first moment I saw him in X2. He's
      complex with confidence and vulnerability. I only hope I give St.
      John Allerdyce the respect and understanding he deserves. He is the
      boy with the soft edges and the palest pout.

      Faith knew few things about John Allerdyce a.k.a Pyro a.k.a
      her boyfriend. She knew his favorite movies were Lost Highway, The
      Lost Boys, Return of the Jedi, Harold and Maude, and Aliens, she knew
      he liked hot dogs because his Mom used to cook them, she knew he
      liked chocolate chips in his strawberry ice cream, she knew he liked
      grilled cheese, she knew his favorite books were The Sound and the
      Fury, Dracula, and Another Day in Paradise, she knew he liked The
      Beatles and The White Stripes, she knew his favorite color was
      orange, she also knew she couldn't protect him and she knew it wasn't
      her job to protect him.
      They sat in the Chinese restaurant, Faith eating shrimp in lobster
      sauce and John eating mei fun. They both had Wild Cherry Pepsi.
      "The fire show you pulled was on the news today," Faith said.
      "It was just a demonstration," he said casually. He
      smiled. "You think I'm bad?"
      "Definitely working towards it in the right direction," she
      said.
      "You don't understand," said John. "You couldn't."
      She stared at him, thought of everything she could say, but
      she decided not to.
      "Maybe this magnet guy, or whatever his real name is, is just
      using you," she said. "You're pretty, young, intelligent, full of
      secret insecurities."
      "Magneto. That is his real name," John said, "and he's not.
      And I don't have any insecurities."
      "You're just starting to notice them less," Faith said. "You
      can't just go and throw fire around-"
      "Why the fuck not!? It's what I can do. It's who I am."
      "It's wrong," she said and immediately cringed to herself. Even
      though several years had passed since she chose the rocky road to
      redemption, Faith sometimes still felt like she didn't have the right
      to tell people what was wrong and what was right.
      "Yeah, I'm really gonna cry and lose sleep over something
      that's wrong," he said. "It's not me who's wrong, it's the world."
      Faith could feel the fire within him, she could see it in his eyes,
      she could taste it. He was dangerous, to others and to himself, and
      she didn't now how to seduce him into safety. When she was with him,
      when he touched her, when he kissed her, sometimes she would feel
      that itch deep inside her. Maybe her own darkness, once untamed and
      now barely existent, was silently feeding off his, despite her honest
      desire to save him. Maybe one's darkness and nastier urges never
      disappeared; maybe they could only be silenced and ignored. Power
      was intoxicating and made people feel invincible; it placed one in
      the majority, not the minority. It offered opportunities for true
      greatness or great misjudgment.
      "I love you Faith," said John.
      She didn't know it, but it would be the only time he ever
      said those words to her, though he would think it again and again.
      The words had been said and he had been the first to say them, unless
      the "love Faith" inscription on his lighter counted.
      Faith couldn't say it back, not here, and she knew he wasn't
      expecting her to.
      He smiled. Faith liked to see him smile. Most of his smiles
      were naughty or sly, but the one tonight was real; he wasn't
      playing. He liked to play, but he didn't play with people's
      feelings, especially hers.
      "What are you thinking?" she said.
      "I'm thinking I wish you could read thoughts. No, really,
      I'm thinking about your clit."
      Faith smiled softly.
      John stared at the silver scripted "F" pendent around her neck. He
      thought about how badly he wanted to feel her tongue on him, but it
      was the one thing she didn't do. During his freshman year of high
      school, some girl named Elise gave him a blowjob, and he remembered
      how good it felt. He could only imagine how good it felt on the
      opposite side. He often wondered if Mystique ever fooled around as
      other people, but she took pride in herself, red hair, blue skin and
      everything that came with it.
      "I'm thinking about what I want to do to it when we get home," he
      said, the glimmer in his dark eyes and repressed smile seductive.
      Her voice rolled and winked with playful anticipation, "I'm thinking
      we should get home quicker than kitten balls."
      "You say, you slay," John said.
      "Why are you so damn sexy?" she said.
      "Because I can be," he said.

      xo

      When they got home Faith didn't waste time throwing him on to
      the bed and crawling on to his lap. Sliding her hands under his
      shirt she kissed him hard.
      "I like skin," she said, breathing into him. She pulled his
      brown leather jacket and shirt off his left shoulder, ripping one
      button and licked his shoulder.
      John winced when she grabbed his left arm and it was the pain
      in his whispering whimper that couldn't be ignored. It wasn't fun
      pain; it was real pain.
      "Dude, I so didn't squeeze you that hard. What's your
      thrill?"
      He didn't fight her when she pulled of his jacket and undid his
      shirt, leaving him only in his tee shirt.
      "Guess I forgot," he said, looking where she was looking, at
      the raw burn on his arm.
      "Fancy," Faith said, withholding her frown. "Very suave."
      "It never happened like that before," he said, still not
      looking at her.
      John didn't like uncomfortable silences and he never had any
      with Faith; they always had shared silence when they weren't
      laughing. She liked to see him laugh.
      "You know what they say," she said, touching his cheek,
      loving his dark brown eyes and the gentleness she sometimes saw in
      them, edged innocence.
      "Tell me," he said, looking at her.
      "Play with fire, you get burned."
      "I'm not playing," he said, his voice firm.
      Faith kicked off her Mary Jane heels, her feet bare, and
      undid John's pants.
      "My hands are kind of cold," she said. "I could wear gloves."
      Yes, John thought.
      "No," he said.
      "I lied," said Faith, holding him in her hand and stroking
      him once. Her glossed lips were as lush as her breasts.
      She could hold him even tighter when he was inside her and inside she
      felt like the sweetest inferno.
      "I give blowjobs when I feel like it," she said, "not out of
      the goodness of my heart."
      Xander, Oz, Matt, Connor (more like a semi-blowjob, he was too easy),
      even Riley, Principle Wood, and one vampire she tried not to think
      about. Lindsey had been a miss, the closest she ever got to getting
      dirty with him was when Darla seduced her into fucking him for her
      own design. When it came to boys Faith didn't miss any
      opportunities."
      "Yeah," said John.
      Faith bit her lower lip and nodded.
      "I've also been involved with two chicks in my very kick-ass
      lifetime."
      He raised his eyebrows. Faith thought about Lissa and Tara.
      When in cell quirky, adorable gunshot Lissa had been her only friend;
      kind-hearted Tara was everyone's friend.
      "Do you think it wicked of me?" Faith said, kissing him and
      rubbing him, her hand warm, her smile inviting. "Something wicked
      this way comes. You wanna be the baddest boy?"
      John mirrored her smile and said, "Seems fun for now."