FIC: When I Talk To You (1/1)

  • Laura Elaine
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2004
      When I Talk To You

      Author: Sparkling-Diva/Laura Elaine

      Rating: PG

      Genre: Romance/Drama

      Feedback: Please!! My e-mail is: rogue200348@...

      Disclaimer: I do not anything Marvel related or this Mandy Moore
      song.

      2: X-Men United.

      Author's Note: Yes. I know. I've been a drama queen lately and a
      songfic girl too but I can't help it. It's the "Summer of Song" to
      me! LOL!

      Warning: Also can be a tear jerker like my previous stories. (Gosh,
      this is a new trend for me).

      She heard the motorcycle in the distance drawing closer. It made
      butterflies in her stomach. Just the thought of him being near her
      again was all too great. She hadn't seen him in so long.

      She ran down the hallway of the second floor and as she was about to
      go down the stairs, she looked down to see Logan staring back up at
      her.

      He was in shock.

      It had been 10 years since he had gone.

      After the Alkali Lake incident, he needed some time alone. He left
      without telling anyone, including Marie. Understanding what he had
      gone through, she forgave him and decided to wait for his return.

      Remember me
      Feels like forever
      Since the days
      When we were friends

      I don't understand
      All these changes
      I'm still the same
      No need to pretend

      She was looked so much different now. Marie had turned 28 recently
      and was also a teacher at the school. She knew that through
      appearance she wasn't a little girl anymore. Marie just hoped that
      Logan would understand it.

      "Hey, Logan!" she said running down to give him a hug.

      "Hey," Logan said hugging her back before letting go again, "Wow
      you've changed-I."

      "Not that much really. Of course I now teach art to the little ones
      here and all but still I have the deadly skin, gloves, and white
      streaks in my hair," she said pointing to her hair.

      Logan couldn't help but give a small laugh.

      "I'm still Marie, you know?"

      He didn't reply for a moment but eventually he said, "I need to be
      alone for a little while. I'll talk to you later, okay?" he said
      heading up the stairs.

      "Okay. WellÂ…see ya!" Marie said with some hurt in her voice. She had
      so badly wanted to talk with him so he could tell her all about his
      adventures, but she figured too late that it wasn't the right time.

      "Yeah," he said refusing to give her a second glance before he
      reached the top of the staircase, turned into a hallway, and could
      no longer be seen.

      Where'd it go..?
      Do you know..?
      Maybe it just doesn't matter

      'Cause when i try to talk to you
      I feel like I'm not getting through you
      Where did we go wrong
      It's hard to be strong
      When I talk...
      When I talk to you

      Over the next week, she had been friendly with Logan and told him of
      what had happened in the Institute while he was gone. He would just
      stare out the window and it seemed as if he were listening for
      something much farther than what was actually there. He'd nod but
      never said anything more.

      Give him time, Rogue, she told herself.

      Soon, it was a month later and still no progress was being made.

      There were times
      In the beginning
      When you were there
      When I needed you most

      We'd sit and talk
      About the future
      And laugh about
      Us getting old

      Marie hoped that everything could have been like it was before but
      somehow she knew it could never be.

      He wasn't the same Logan. He now had more of an idea about his past
      and he was struggling with the fact that, just like the others, he
      wasn't being accepted into society.

      Do you know
      How it feels
      I hope that you know that it matters

      But when i try to talk to you
      I feel like I'm not getting through you
      Where did we go wrong
      It's hard to be strong
      When I talk to you

      She confronted Logan one night and asked him why he wouldn't talk to
      her. She had thought that they were such good friends and now she
      felt like he couldn't trust her.
      He ended up getting angry and yelling how he was so tired off
      listening to her talking about her so-called "perfect world". Logan
      then sighed and asked her if she could just leave him alone.

      With tears in her eyes, Marie turned slowly, not saying anything,
      and went out the door. She felt Logan's eyes glued on her the whole
      time. She knew he didn't mean to get upset and tell her such harsh
      words. Logan must've felt awful but she never had expected a
      reaction like that from him.

      Her best friend.

      Her only friend.

      She just hoped that he would calm down and later everything could be
      fixed. Until then, she cried herself to sleep and waited for a new
      day to come.

      I want you to know everything that I am
      Don't want to know what life would be without you

      When i try to talk to you
      I feel like I'm not getting through you
      Where did we go wrong
      It's hard to be strong
      When I talk...
      When I talk to you

      Lyrics for "When I Talk To You" by Mandy Moore

      Remember me
      Feels like forever
      Since the days
      When we were friends