"The Second Angel" (1/1) Bobby, X2

  • katetshoni
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2004
      Also originally posted to the LJ community, this time several weeks
      ago. Apologies again to anybody who saw it there for spamming you
      with another link now.

      Title: The Second Angel
      Author: trismegistus (katetshoni@...)
      Character(s): Bobby, assorted others
      Challenge: The Day After Tomorrow Fanfic Challenge
      (http://www.livejournal.com/users/anniesj/253657.html)
      it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in
      the sea. And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and
      fountains of waters; and they became blood. And I heard the angel of
      the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and
      shalt be, because thou hast judged thus."

      (The Revelation of St. John the Divine, Chapter 16, Verses 3-5)

      ***

      Brief excerpt:

      Some of the few remaining X-Men gave chase as he passed them in the
      halls. Logan, Piotr, the agile Cajun whom they'd rescued not three
      weeks ago from a mob in New Orleans; the ones whose limbs hadn't
      rusted in the arthritic cold that gripped the world. Bobby didn't
      even bother to turn around, but behind him a giant wall of ice
      unfolded and rose from the floor.

      "I can do this," he said softly, to the figures smashing their fists
      against his wall. "I can do this."

      The Cajun roared, let loose a string of curses that sounded more like
      courtly poetry, pressed the palm of his hand to Bobby's wall. It
      began to glow an unbelievable, fantastical orange, like the sun's
      corona during a solar eclipse.

      That was probably Bobby's cue to break away.

      ***

      The rest is up here: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jmt269/2ndangel.htm